Contribute to the successful delivery of the Enterprise Regulatory Compliance Management (eRCM) Program, working closely with the eRCM project team and various business units. The eRCM Program is an initiative focused on the management of regulatory compliance risk across Scotiabank. Supported by a digital solution, the Program helps the Bank identify and document its regulatory obligations, assess the risks associated with those obligations, as well as document the controls that are in place to mitigate those risks (in line with regulator expectations such as the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) - Guideline E-13).The Regulatory Compliance Management Analyst will contribute to the successful delivery of eRCM activities for assigned business units, including the mapping of the risk taxonomy (regulatory obligations) to business units, the buildout and mapping of controls to regulatory obligations, and completing the Compliance Risk and Control Assessment (CRCA).
- Execute on eRCM Program activities to ensure its successful delivery, which includes the following accountabilities:
- Understand the revised business unit hierarchy and revised regulatory risk taxonomy and how it impacts assigned business units in the eRCM Program
- Act as the coordinator between the eRCM project team and the business units to ensure alignment and coordination of work effort to deliver on the program
- Complete the remapping of regulatory obligations (risk taxonomy) to the revised business unit hierarchy
- Complete the mapping of new/existing controls to new/existing regulatory obligations
- Conduct a comprehensive review and update to the control library for assigned business units to ensure that the library is accurate, comprehensive and up to date
- Understand and help facilitate training to the business units on the eRCM Program and system
- Support the team as the eRCM coordinator for the Compliance Risk Owners, which includes ensuring the controls inventory is accurate and capturing the impacts of new regulations.
- Execute on the quarterly CRCA attestations and annual CRCA process in alignment with the eRCM Program and in collaboration with the Risk Owners and Compliance.
- Maintain a current awareness of regulatory requirements and industry best practices in operational risk.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to the Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework
- Other duties as assigned in keeping with the constant changes/needs of the company
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or a related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in an operational risk management, compliance or audit function in the financial services industry or 5+ years of relevant Retail & Commercial Banking experience.
- Strong understanding of regulations and compliance risks impacting the Bank and the importance of key mitigating controls.
- Experience with identifying, documenting and assessing risk and controls within the first line.
- Strong understanding of OSFI B-10, E-13 and E-21.
- Experience in delivering on regulatory compliance projects and/or programs
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to effectively communication with business partners at all levels of the Bank.Proven leadership and time-management skills.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and negotiating skills.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Excellent knowledge of Financial Services regulatory framework
- Ability to perform day-to-day tasks in French is not required, but an asset
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to work well with deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal
The Manager, Regulatory Compliance Management Analyst will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Management Compliance accountabilities:
All managers and above at Tangerine are responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.