The Senior Specialist, RSP, Level 2 will assist in leading a team for all processing and problem resolution as related to customer transactions generated by the Call Centre, Café’s, mail-in, fax, online applications and from various other departments, with an emphasis on quality and integrity of work, observing established timeframes for all work to be completed with the agreed service level.
The RSP Team is responsible for the daily processing of registered products inclusive of RSP’s, RIF and Tax Free Savings products within the bank. This includes all T2033 out’s, Magicswitch, Beneficiary Forms as well as HBP requests (and other various government forms).
The Senior Specialist, RSP, Level 2 is expected to participate in projects and will represent the department as a subject matter expert as related to the registered product area to complete all or part of the procedures, testing and/or training. The Senior Specialist will report directly to the Manager of Registered Products.
The position offers the Specialist an opportunity to utilize strong time management skills, lead by example, able to participate in peer coaching and provide written feedback for documented reviews.
- Provide timely coaching and feedback to staff and the CBS Leader.
- Update policy and procedure documents in a timely manner.
- Monitor, support and provide assistance to daily registered product processing.
- Complete processing of RSP, RIF and TFSA account transactions.
- Ensure timely processing of paper requests, cheque, fax, email and queue based items
- Provide timely coaching and feedback to staff and Team Leader.
- Responsible for the training/support of new associates.
- Assist in investigation and escalated problem resolution, liaising with CBS Leader and Call Centre including the CBS General Line.
- Assist in solution management dedicated to providing a positive work environment, foster teamwork and growth while maintaining high team morale.
- Be fully knowledgeable with respect to Tangerine products, services, policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the ongoing process improvements in the CBS Department.
- Strong investigative skill set to be able to test and problem solve.
- Participate in testing and development of training material as required by the business.
- Update procedures and guidelines as new processes are introduced or changed.
- Ability to answer questions and or provide overrides.
- Handle inquiries from the SRA team and other internal clients via the CBS Support Line.
- Approximately 70% of the day is focused on day to day processing (including escalations, etc.) with remainder of the day focused on coaching, quality control and providing feedback on quarterly/annual reviews/development plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- Trust or Banking Institute courses are an asset
- Call centre experience is an asset
- Banking, Canadian Securities and working experience with registered products is an asset
- Enrollment and completion of Targeted Selection course
- Enrollment and completion of Coaching to exceed course
- Specialized Knowledge
- Knowledge of CRA guidelines is an asset
- Technical Skills
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in PC software – MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Visio processing mapping
- Ability to demonstrate a positive approach to change and personal development
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively coach team members
- Strong interpersonal and motivation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, requiring a high degree of accuracy
The Senior Specialist, RSP, Level 2 will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note, this job is located at 3389 Steeles Avenue East, Toronto, ON.