The Distribution & Channel Management team is responsible for launching a broader distribution network to assist Tangerine in its goal of becoming the #1 Direct Bank for Canadians everyday banking needs. Establishing a greater presence through various distribution options will support the banks’ strategic objectives – Grow our customer base; Deepen relationships with our Clients; Strengthen brand awareness; and Showcase Tangerine’s leadership in technology and unique culture.
As the Senior Retail Sales Associate, you are an experienced ambassador of the brand in face-to-face Interactions with Clients the Pop-up and/or Kiosk locations and at offsite events. Together with a team you will make an impact in the community you live in, while sharing the values of our brand through educating, coaching and inspiring Canadians to be forward thinking when it comes to their money.. You will help set the benchmark for Retail Sales Associates and assist the team and management to help execute this. The Senior Retail Sales Associate will report directly to the District Manager. This role is a 1 year contract position.
- Demonstrate behaviors that support the business model, company philosophy and core competencies.
- Comply with the Business Conduct Policy and be mindful of our mission and values.
- Acquire and assist Clients in account opening process by explaining how Tangerine works and setting the right process expectations.
- Deliver the exemplary customer experience face-to-face in the pop-up and/or kiosk, or at offsite events.
- Be fully knowledgeable of Tangerine products and services.
- Be fully knowledgeable of Tangerine policy, procedures and practices.
- Effectively promote brand consideration by educating on our direct model.
- Proactively provide administration support ensuring effective day-to-day operations.
- Maintain overall appearance and presentation of the pop-up and/or kiosk to exceed Client expectations.
- Co-ordinate projects as assigned, including representing the team for certain initiatives.
- Work within a team to exceed monthly and annual performance goals.
- Assist in co-coordinating and executing events/initiatives both on and offsite.
- Approach work with an entrepreneurial spirit, constantly seeking new ways for the pop-up and/or kiosk to create a unique and regional Client experience.
- Contribute positively to the success of the Team.
- Assist in on the job training of new associates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College education or equivalent experience in a related field
- Minimum 1 year of retail/sales and service experience
- Technical Skills
- Fluently bilingual in English and French, both written and spoken is a requirement for Quebec. Other locations is an asset.
- Computer literate
- Ability to work independently and be self-managed
- Ability to have a positive approach to change and conflict resolution
- Ability to handles multiple tasks
- Goal oriented
- Detail oriented
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Effective presenter and communicator
- Hands-on mentality
The Senior Retail Sales Associate will be working in a retail environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
**** Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer. ****