The Risk Management mandate is to provide oversight, monitoring and reporting of all operational, credit and market risks, including fraud exposures on an enterprise-wide basis. It is comprised of four well-defined functions: Operational Risk Management, Retail Credit Risk Management, Wholesale Credit Risk Management and Market Risk Management.
The Manager of Fraud Detection is responsible for managing the Fraud Detection Team within Financial Economic Crimes (FEC) which focuses on mitigating Fraud losses as a part of the Fraud Prevention Network. The incumbent will inspire and motivate their team through coaching and development, and be responsible for driving improvements in productivity, decision effectiveness and the customer experience. They will act as a change agent and be a critical resource for enabling and motivating their team to deliver outstanding results. The Manager will report directly to the Senior Manager, Fraud Operations.
- Manage the hiring and performance management of staff within the team.
- Oversee the daily functions of Detection and claims analysis.
- Operate as a liaison with internal and external business partners (e.g. Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit) and representing FEC in cross functional initiatives.
- Manage escalations to FEC Investigations.
- Manage productivity and ensure that turnaround time is met for all processes.
- Coach and train staff to develop them according to their personal capabilities and development plan.
- Assist in developing procedures and guidelines within the FEC team as required.
- Take part in and assist in departmental projects
- Assist in developing rule changes based on existing trends in the industry.
- Identify and recommend continuous improvement initiatives with an aim to increase the efficiency of the department, while reducing risk and potential loss to the bank.
- Keep abreast of all Fraud policies, Guidelines and Procedures.
- Provide support in the investigation of suspected fraudulent and other criminal activities against the organization.
- Develop weekly and monthly reporting to increase transparency and communicate productivity and initiatives currently in progress.
- Represent the Fraud Team at internal meeting and projects.
Perform other duties and special projects as required.
Attend industry related conferences/meeting to keep abreast of new/emerging trends.
Monitor existing, new and emerging trends as they relate to financial institutions and develop strategies to protect the organization.
Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree in related field
- Minimum 3+ years of extensive fraud experience related to detection and claims analysis within the financial industry
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in law enforcement and/or banking industry
- Minimum 1+ year in the mortgage industry is an asset
- Experience in managing a high performing team
- Experience in fraud detection
- Specialized Knowledge
- Working knowledge of AML Investigations and Terrorist Financing
- Working knowledge of Fraud Detection/AML software applications
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where processes and procedures are constantly refined
- Ability to manage difficult customer situations and coaches team to resolution, while balancing risk and the customer experience
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (French considered an asset)
The Manager, Fraud Detection will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note, this job is located at 3389 Steeles Avenue East, Toronto, ON.