The Marketing department ensures that our brand image is what we want it to be with Canadians. The department is made up of the following teams:
- Creative Services
- Content & Writing Services
- Marketing Insights
- Marketing Projects & Operations
- MARCOM Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
The Senior Specialist will be responsible to ensure that Tangerine delivers world-class, integrated creative communications that emotionally connects with consumers in order to strengthen Client relationships with Tangerine including activation, growth and retention (upsell and cross sell), as well as advocacy. The Senior Specialist will be accountable to ensure a consistent and integrated application of the Tangerine brand across traditional and digital marketing communication activities that meets business objectives and targets.
In addition, the position will be an advocate of the Tangerine Brand Architecture along with being a key resource on strategic branding related activities as well as implementation. The Senior Specialist will be a member of a high performing team that is responsible for executing integrated marketing communications including activation of new Clients as well as existing Clients. In addition, the role will work closely with and foster agency relationships including Digital, Branding, Advertising and Print Production, etc. The successful candidate will possess a strong track record of strategic thinking, team leadership and creative execution. The Senior Specialist will report directly to the Manager of Creative Services.
- Lead and manage the execution of Tangerine’s marketing communications activities (traditional and digital), to ensure they are meaningful, reflect brand values, connect with the audience across all traditional and digital media vehicles (web, email, mobile, print, radio, direct mail and television) and solicit the desired consumer responses.
- Manage the development, evolution and implementation of all creative marketing activity including programs, campaigns, projects, brand architecture and guidelines, style guides and visual standards.
- Liaise with key stakeholders within marketing and across the organization to understand business objectives/production targets and oversee the development and execution marketing activities that deliver strong results.
- Contribute to the optimization of campaign/program metrics by leveraging data driven insights and applying them to creative in an ongoing manner (e.g. direct response).
- Must be able to lead and oversee campaigns/projects.
- Responsible for driving creative communications from initial briefing through execution and learning’s/results.
- Lead and manage the design, development and implementation of Tangerine’s marketing communications for traditional and digital platforms.
- Manage and optimize best practices for content management system including development, testing and building of content for production.
- Continuously monitor and action recommendations for optimizing the marketing funnel to enhance acquisition, activation, growth and retention of Tangerine Clients.
- Oversee ongoing marketing operational activities such as website updates, fulfillment, re-solicitation, trigger based programs, etc.
- Participate in the Collateral Review process by reviewing/approving communications prior to deployment for the appropriate tone and manner and ensuring alignment and approvals from various departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Marketing/Advertising, Digital and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5+ years of experience in demanding digital-oriented Tier-1 organizations (Telco, Banking, Retail, Technology, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in managing integrated campaigns including traditional and digital marketing (online marketing, email marketing, television, radio, out of home, etc.)
- Hands-on experience working with a content management system
- Mix of agency-side and client-side experience is an asset
- Mobile marketing experience is an asset
- Professional Certification
- Relevant Canadian Marketing Association certifications is an asset
- Project Management designation highly desirable
- Technical Skills
- French language skills are an asset
- Proven experience with traditional and digital tools (HTML, CSS, etc.)
The Senior Specialist will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
**** Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer ****