Client Business Support (CBS) is a client focused processing department that enables the bank to demonstrate that a virtual bank can offer superior client experience by efficiently and effectively delivering on the promises made to our clients.
The CBS department is made up of several teams; each team plays a unique role in providing support for both Deposit/Chequing and Lending and Investment products.
The following teams along with their specialized focus is what makes Client Business Support an integral piece of our organization:
- Account Opening
- Registered Products,
- BSA, Statements, Year- End and Cannex
- Mutual Funds
- Quality Assurance
Overall, Client Business Support is committed to delivering a 'Wow' experience. While we do not speak directly with our clients, we make sure we deliver on promises made to our clients!
The Senior CBS Specialist, Statements, Level 2 will assist in leading a team for all processing problems resolution as related to customer statements generated by the print vendor and other departments regarding the production of the client statements. The individual will be responsible for customer inquiries or issues generated by the Call Centre, Café’s, mail-in, online applications and from various other departments, with an emphasis on quality and integrity of work, able to work independently within established timeframes. The Senior Specialist will report directly to the Manager of Statements, Tax Reporting, BSA and Cannex.
The incumbent is expected to participate in projects and will represent the department as a subject matter expert as related to the specified functional area to complete all or part of the procedures, testing and/or training.
The position offers the incumbent an opportunity to execute utilizing good planning and organization techniques with peer collaboration being essential.
- Participate in the hiring, training, coaching and development of Associate.
- Participate in tracking performance standards for CBS Specialist to increase productivity and service excellence.
- Assist Leaders by meeting 1:1 with CBS Specialist on reviewing processes and providing day to day coaching to help eliminate errors.
- Participate in investigation and escalated problem resolution, liaising with CBS Leader and other departments, as required.
- Be fully knowledgeable with respect to Tangerine products, services, policies and procedures.
- Assist in investigation and escalated problem resolution, liaising with Leader and Call Centre including the CBS General Line.
- Support team by way of technical and procedural knowledge as well as the handling customer complaints and internal and external Audit Points as required.
- Represent CBS for statement related initiatives and act as liaison between Tangerine and print vendor.
- Review Statement related ‘Statement of work’ and provide approvals on stock related quotes.
- Responsible for consolidating all statement related processes, proof documents as requested by external and internal auditors.
- Assist in solution management dedicated to providing a positive work environment, foster teamwork, and growth and maintaining high team morale.
- Participate in testing and development of training material as required by the business.
- Assist and support CBS Leader by actively participating in and provide feedback and support on risk assessments.
- Support CBS Leader by reviewing Products Narratives and assist with any incidents reporting.
- Act as a cross functional SME on two or more teams.
- Approximately 70% of the day is focused on day to day processing with remainder of the day to assist Senior Specialist Level 1, CBS Leader or Senior Leader as required.
- Responsible for updating global rate changes for Tangerine Products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- Minimum 3 years of work related experience, preferably in Financial Services
- Enrollment and completion of Targeted Selection course
- Enrollment and completion of Coaching to exceed course
- Specialized Knowledge
- Knowledge of Tangerine products, systems, policies and procedures an asset
- Strong investigative skill set to be able to test and problem solve
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in PC software – MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Visio processing mapping
- Ability to answer questions and or provide overrides
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and motivation skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, requires a high degree of accuracy
The Senior Specialist, Statements, Level 2 will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.