Service and Sales is one the main avenues of non-technical contact for Canadians with Tangerine. Whether Clients choose to reach out by phone, email or chat, we are here to support their needs. The Contact Centre is located in Toronto and Moncton and has well over 300 employees collectively. Our frontline Agents drive business forward by listening to what our Clients (and prospective) Clients need. This human element has been a key differentiator for Tangerine since the virtual doors opened and still is today.
The Manager of Everyday Banking is responsible for managing the performance, sales, quality and production of a team of inbound and/or outbound Associates to maximize client satisfaction and meet/exceed the goals of the Sales and Services Department. The role also supports the larger service center operation when necessary. The Manager will report directly to the Senior Manager of Everyday Banking.
- Lead a team of 15-20 Direct Associates to achieve/exceed sales and customer satisfaction results to provide an outstanding client and visitor experience.
- Responsible for the development, coaching and performance management of Associates within the team specific to these areas: Sales, productivity and overall customer experience.
- Provide Sales forecasts to the Leadership Team that have an accuracy -/+ 10%, based on monthly goals.
- Utilize Quality Monitoring techniques and any supporting data to coach and support excellent Associate performance and assist in the ongoing needs analysis of the development of Associates.
- Support team by way of technical and procedural knowledge as well as the handling of escalations and customer complaints.
- Motivate team and inspire the team to provide an exciting, educational and rewarding work environment.
- Work closely with peers and other service center groups to effect changes and enhancements in a seamless manner and to ensure consistency of message across all teams.
- Manage individual team and shared team budget components.
- Responsible for leadership and stewardship of Tangerine policies and goals and adherence to the same.
- Spend a minimum of 1.0 hour each month taking calls for the purpose of staying close to client feedback.
- Collaborate with Workforce Management to ensure service levels are achieved.
- Ensure awareness and compliance to the Business Continuity Planning (BCP) procedures.
- Share the Management On Duty (MOD) responsibility with the peer group and provide floor support when necessary.
- Hire and terminate Associates, as required.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of work related experience, preferably in Financial Services
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience
- Banking, Canadian Securities and/or Investment Funds in Canada courses is an asset
- Specialized Knowledge
- Knowledge of Tangerine products, systems, policies and procedures is an asset
- Technical Skills
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
- Excellent analytic, organization and problem resolution skills
- Proficiency in PC software – MS Office Suite
- Proven ability to motivate and build high performing teams
- Demonstrated ability to use tools and techniques to effectively support departmental initiatives
- Ability to resolve customer issues with a focus on improving overall customer satisfaction
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
The Manager, Everyday Banking will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.