The mandate of the Client Experience department is to envision, design, orchestrate, improve and measure the Client experience at Tangerine in order to deliver forward banking to Canadians and deliver on Tangerine’s mandate of being a client centric organization.
- Client Experiences Strategy & Voice of the Client
- Market Research and Competitive Intelligence
- Client Driven Innovation
- Client Experience Design
- Digital Product
The Manager of Marketing Research is responsible for applying research expertise and providing strategic direction and leadership to market research initiatives. This role collaborates with other stakeholders in the marketing department and across the business as well as external research suppliers. The Manager will report directly to the Senior Manager of Marketing Research and Competitive Intelligence.
- Work closely with stakeholders within Marketing to help them understand the status of the Tangerine brand and the effectiveness of our media efforts; maintain, audit and refine the Brand and Ad tracking programs to ensure the studies are providing useful information to the Marketing team and are cost effective.
- Leverage the Tangerine Listens Online Customer Research Panel to provide key insights to key stakeholders within the organization to help them make effective decisions; work closely with the vendor to ensure the overall health and engagement of the panel.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to identify the key questions and recommend appropriate research methodology (qualitative, quantitative, primary or secondary) to capture the insights needed to move the business forward.
- Play a leadership role in the execution of key custom market research projects: from conception to completion, design of methodology and the analysis, interpretation and communication of the results.
- Provide expert advice concerning the marketplace, customers and competitors and be the knowledge centre for market research intelligence.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree in Marketing
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in market research, developing research approaches
- Technical Skills
- Fluency in French is not required, but an asset
- Strategic analysis and insightful interpretation of research findings
- Ability to be conversant in both qualitative and quantitative research
- Ability to support other team members in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects and provide project plans and timelines for partners and management
- Team player and collaborate well within own team members, stakeholders and vendors
- Proficient understanding of statistical analysis will be an asset
- High attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about their work and willing to go the extra mile
The Manager, Market Research will be working in an office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
**** Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer ****