Tangerine is subject to, and must comply with many Regulations promulgated by governments, regulators and self-regulating bodies. The AML Department is responsible for developing, implementing and sustaining the Tangerine Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF) and Sanctions Program and ensuring that Tangerine remains compliant with regulatory expectations as well as Scotiabank policies and protocols.
The Senior Manager, AML reports directly to the Director, AML and is responsible for assisting the Director with the development, implementation and sustainment of the Tangerine AML, ATF and Sanctions Program as well as the operationalization of the AML Transformation within Tangerine. The Senior Manager ensures that Tangerine operations and controls are effective, efficient and adequate to meet enterprise-wide policy requirements.
- Manage the development, implementation and sustainment of the AML/ATF and Sanctions Program
- Act as a liaison and point of contact for the Business to address questions, educate and inform the business regarding AML/ATF and Sanctions requirements
- Identify and assess potential areas of AML/ATF and Sanctions risk which could lead to regulatory sanctions, financial loss or damage to Tangerine’s reputation
- Provide advice and guidance to the AML Operations Team on the operationalization of the high risk client model at Tangerine to ensure timely identification of High Risk Clients and effective Enhanced Due Diligence practices
- Provide oversight of the AML Operations team processes and controls
- Support the Director, AML with all Transformation initiatives and AML Projects
- Assist the Director, AML with the enterprise inherent risk and control effectiveness assessments
- Support the Director, AML in Audits and Regulatory Reviews
- Provide training to Tangerine staff on AML, ATF and Sanctions topics
- Coordinate all AML/ATF and Sanctions reporting to Head Office, the Board, Canadian Banking and Tangerine Departments
- Work with partner groups within the Bank such as the EDDU to adapt and implement efficient and effective processes and hand-offs
- Investigate non-compliance and ascertain facts to make reasoned recommendations to the Director, AML as to appropriate corrective action
- Provide guidance on client risk assessments and divestiture recommendations and support the management of escalations
- Coordinate with the business to ensure adequate policies and procedures are implemented to support AML processes
- Update and manage the Tangerine AML/ATF and Sanctions Handbook
- Track master lists including identification methods, acceptable identification, PEPs and Divestitures
- Oversee and help ensure change management processes are adhered to relative to key AML/ATF and Sanctions controls
- Act as an AML subject matter expert on bank projects and risk assessments
- Assist Tangerine with AML audit issue closure in alignment with committed resolution dates
- Maintain awareness and understanding of AML Regulations and the Bank’s AML Policies
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing Policy as well as the Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the Department
- Embrace and ensure execution of Tangerine’s promises and leadership competencies
- Manage, coach and develop staff as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College Degree in related field
- 5-7 years of experience in compliance and/or AML/ATF/Sanctions or closely related fields
- 2-3 years of management experience
- Professional Certification
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) Designation required
- Other Skills:
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Knowledge of AML/ATF regulatory standards
- Knowledge of AML Systems
- Strong communication and written skills with the ability to draft superior quality reports, procedures, manuals and correspondence
- Computer skills including advance use of Excel
- Able to prioritize, manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to work well with tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and coaching skills with the ability to engage and motivate individuals with varying levels of experience
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to impact and influence
The Senior Manager, AML will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.