The Marketing department ensures that our brand image is what we want it to be with Canadians. The department is made up of the following teams:
- Creative Services
- Content & Writing Services
- Marketing Insights
- Marketing Projects & Operations
- MARCOM Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
The Manager, Media is responsible for helping develop the paid media strategy to deliver against Tangerine's new client acquisition growth objectives. This role will use media performance data, internal performance data, best practices and internal/external research to make your strategic recommendations. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Brand Communications and Acquisition – the Manager, Media will work closely with external partners (agency partners, social platforms and vendors) and internal cross-functional teams including Creative Services, CRM, etc. to plan, launch and measure acquisition campaigns/programs. The ideal candidate will be a marketing professional who is passionate about using Client insights to figure out the most effective way to target, engage and drive action via innovative media channels.
- Partner closely with Senior Manager and Manager, Acquisition Communications to establish targets for Tangerine’s new client acquisition and build/execute media plans to achieve such goals
- Helps inform budget requirements to achieve targets and manages media budget for the year managing across campaigns
- Owns the development of the media specific brief components for all campaigns as well as execution of media plan including traditional, digital, and emerging reach mediums for all acquisition media working closely with Media partners
- Informs creative mandatories across mediums (display, social and SEM) working closely with creative counterparts to develop effective communications to achieve growth targets
- Supports Senior Manager to determine Test & Learn agenda for the year as it relates to new client acquisition
- Work very closely with Acquisition Communications counterpart, PR, Content Marketing team members and Social Community Manager to plan and recommend paid strategies to support initiatives.
- Provide digital media thought leadership and guidance specifically pertaining to media buying, platforms and tagging
- Participate in Acquisition Taskforce meetings as key contributor – sharing results, tests and bringing forth new ideas
- Manage and share competitive media overviews working with internal and external partners
- Deliver media campaigns on time and on budget
- Develop learning objectives and robust test strategy for all campaigns to continuously learn and optimize Instilling a test & learn mindset internally and externally with partners
- Manage external agency forecast and reconciliation
- Manage weekly performance meeting with external media agency to review results and determine actions to grow or bridge any gaps
- Review weekly media metrics from agency and internal sources to measure effectiveness and share findings across the organization
- Simplify, innovate and differentiate with a mandate to provide a superior media experience
- Embrace and ensure execution of Tangerine's promises and leadership competencies
- Ensure that Tangerine social media policies are adhered to
- Educate broader marketing team on paid media landscape and performance
- Invite partners to host workshops, deliver educational sessions to develop broader team's social acumen
- University Degree with 5-7 years of professional experience in Marketing
- 3-5 yrs Digital marketing and media expertise
- Experience using various social media, web analytics reporting tools and Data Management platforms
- Hands-on experience in developing marketing campaign briefs, briefing media agencies and project management of marketing campaigns by leveraging best practices
- Specialized Knowledge
- Strong analytics, focused on developing results-driven campaigns
- Detailed knowledge of the rules governing marketing campaigns for social media platforms
- Detailed knowledge and expertise in managing display advertising, SEM, social media advertising/platforms, programmatic buying
- Proficient knowledge and experience with Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn and other social media platforms for marketing use
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the proven ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously and against deadline
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and innovative environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Self-motivated, organized and a strategic thinker
- Consistently demonstrates high energy, a sense of urgency and decisiveness
- Pragmatic sense of business acumen, problem solving abilities, creativity and sense of “getting things done”
The Social Media Strategist will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Management Compliance accountabilities:
All managers and above at Tangerine are responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.