Client Business Support (CBS) is a client focused processing department that enables the bank to demonstrate that a virtual bank can offer superior client experience by efficiently and effectively delivering on the promises made to our clients.
The CBS department is made up of several teams; each team plays a unique role in providing support for both Deposit/Chequing and Lending products.
The following teams along with their specialized focus is what makes Client Business Support an integral piece of our organization:
- Account Opening
- Registered Products, Statements and Year- End
- Mutual Funds and Cannex
- Quality Assurance
Overall, Client Business Support is committed to delivering a 'Wow' experience. While we do not speak directly with our clients, we make sure we deliver on promises made to our clients!
The Bilingual Funding and Support Analyst position involves the timely and prudent administration of mortgage requests. This includes the processing of lawyer Instructions, the ordering and maintenance of appraisals, Income verifications, Funding and the processing of Final Documentation as required for mortgage applications. It must be ensured that a consistent service is delivered to the CBS - Lending department through the timely and accurate delivery of the Funding and Support activities.
The role will include:
Processing an even split between these compulsory core tasks:
- Conducting phone verifications to confirm employment details
- Processing instructions to lawyers
- Ordering and maintenance of Residential Property Appraisals
- Funding Mortgages (Purchases, ETO’s, Refinances, Mortgage Increases, Add Helocs)
- The processing of Final Documentation
- Liaising with Notaries and Solicitor
- Reporting and Funding wires
The Bilingual Funding and Support Analyst, Level 2 reports directly to the Manager, Mortgage Funding and Support.
- Managing a busy workflow while maintaining a high level of accuracy and meeting defined service standard
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Internal and External Clients
- Sound, effective and prompt review of verification of Income documentation
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy and consistency in document verification and disbursement release
- Meeting defined service standards and turnaround times
- Liaising with different areas of the department and developing relationships to ensure that job is done and to ensure the smooth completion of all closings
- Liaising with external partners to confirm satisfactory delivery of documentation
- Prioritization of allocated workflow
- Regular review and processing of Registration Documentation.
- Good knowledge of Funding, and conditions set for the Solicitors. Being able to process deals like i.e. Purchases, ETO’s, Add Helocs, Mortgage Increases, Refinances and Switches.
- Review and validate of all legal documentation / Interim report received from Solicitors
- Review and satisfied the Identification Verification Form in accordance with Tangerine requirements
- Review and satisfied all additional Funding conditions prior to releasing Mortgage funds to Solicitor
- Providing Funding projections and daily balancing reports
- Processing and releasing of wires
- Suggestions on process flow improvement
- Thorough knowledge of Tangerine’s mortgage guidelines, processes and procedures including: CMHC, Genworth and familiarity with Tangerine’s Charge Terms as they pertain to Mortgage Servicing
- Customer Service levels are met relating to e-mails, phone messages and fax enquiries, this is done by ensuring all e-mails, phone messages and fax enquiries are responded to within 2hrs
- Reporting & tracking, analyze data related to the team, team members and the unit as a whole
- Keep abreast of all Lending Credit Policies, Guidelines and Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or experiences in financial industry
- Completion or enrollment in mortgage courses
- Mortgage and Credit experience an asset
- Specialized Knowledge
- Bilingual (French / English) is required
- Computer literate, knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Professional proficiency in all aspects of the business
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities
- Conveys an Inspirational Tangerine Vision & Strategy
- Builds High Performing Tangerine Teams
- Acts as a Team Player
- Results Oriented
- Focuses on the Customer
- Committed to Self Development
- Good organizational skills
- Detail Oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective and efficient time management
The Bilingual Funding and Support Analyst, Level 2 will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.