The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems.
The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
Reporting to the Head of Enterprise Architecture, the Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for designing and leading the development of cross-domain data solutions for business and IT projects. In addition to leading projects, the Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for setting direction, researching emerging technologies and defining/realizing data governance policies.
In addition to project-specific data solution design, the Enterprise Data Architect is also responsible for developing shared guidance on data management and maintaining up-to-date documentation on data stores at the Enterprise level.
The Enterprise Data Architect is part of the Enterprise Architecture team whose missions are to ensure coherence of our technical solutions, continuously improve our technical environment and IT team and foster communications between IT teams and projects.
- Defines vision, strategy and principles for data management at the Enterprise level
- Defines standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, cleansing, enriching, transforming, moving, storing, securing, searching and delivering data within the enterprise
- Ensures consistency across the board for internal and external data-sets
- Creates logical and physical designs for data management capabilities (full-lifecycle)
- Evaluates data management platforms and solutions
- Documents and defines data processes, eliminating activities that don't add value and straightening out the flow of the activities
- Defines, socializes and implements Data Architecture (business intelligence reporting, predictive/reactive analytics, business rules, data warehouse, data-mart, data migration, ETL, backup and archival)
- Reviews projects for impact and compliance
- Identifies and maintains an up to date picture of opportunities and risks
- Participate in research, development, testing and production support activities
- Prepare and present recommendations to management team
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in data management solution design and development
- Strong financial background
- Proven track record for working effectively with technical and business functions
- Specialized Knowledge
- Strong understanding of Tangerine processes and business units
- Retail banking knowledge
- Corporate strategy analysis
- Strategy, project and product risk assessment
- Enterprise data modeling
- Software development methods
- Software release life cycle management
- Relationship management
- Technical Skills
- Possesses proven skills in:
- Application Development and Infrastructure Design in Oracle, SQL Server
- Cloud-based data storage such as Google BigQuery, Firestore and Cloud SQL
- Change Data Capture technologies such as Attunity
- NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- ETL tools (Informatica)
- Predictive Analytics engines such as Google AutoML, Dataflow, R and Python
- Understanding of software development lifecycle
- Excellent data modeling skills
- Strong analytical skills required in identifying problems, validating and making recommendations
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong data management skills are mandatory
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive passionate influential inspirational leadership and mentor attitude
- Excellent written, verbal, virtual and live communication skills
The Enterprise Data Architect will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.