The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems.
The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
The Software Developer is responsible for the enhancement, development and maintenance of corporate applications and banking systems. The Software Developer performs a variety of duties to analyze, develop, maintain, test, debug, implement, document and support applications under the respective team.
- Uses knowledge of analysis, design and programming techniques, development tools and database technologies to develop software changes or resolve incidents to meet the business requirements and Tangerine standards
- Maintain a technical proficiency with respect to programming languages and processes to ensure that Tangerine is well positioned for technological advances in the marketplace.
- Actively participates in support activities, including investigation and providing resolution to incidents
- Prepares/maintains the software documents for all assigned work
- Develops unit test case scenarios and runs tests identifying, analyzing and correcting problems
- Reviews deliverables with senior staff for completeness and accuracy and provides estimates as needed
- Plans and prioritizes own work assignments and provides status updates
- Communicates complex technical issues clearly and concisely
- Develops alternative approaches and solutions to problems and reviews them with senior staff
- Raises / escalates issues, risks and impediments when necessary
- Provides 7x24 production support for applications maintained by the respective team
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College Degree
- 2+ years of IT experience with a focus on software development and web based systems
- Previous exposure in the banking industry is preferred
- Strong software development background
- Specialized Knowledge
- High degree of knowledge in development lifecycle and software development methodologies
- Competent in enterprise application delivery and design techniques
- Competent in design patterns, releases/version control, Java, J2EE, .Net, Web Services (SOAP & REST), Java Script, Angular JS, Junit, XML, Workflow, Data Power, IBM Campaign Suite of products
- Strong understanding of various, industry standard software development techniques, methodologies and best practices
- A solid understanding of standard methods used to develop software applications for large-scale applications, taking security and scalability requirements into consideration
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Competent in effectively using software development and source control tools
- Ability to produce relevant and accurate technical documentation, as required
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take a creative approach, to explore new and unique ideas while continuously looking for improvements
- Ability to seize opportunities to work outside his/her comfort zone to develop and stretch him/her-self
The Software Developer will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.