As a key member of the product team, the Senior Manager of Product Management will be responsible for assessing strategic and innovative opportunities for the Bank’s payment account products.
The successful incumbent will participate in the development and implementation of new business opportunities that will optimize product performance and establish and maintain Tangerine as a client centric, innovative leader in the banking market. The incumbent will be highly collaborative with other teams across the organization including Marketing, Client Experience, IT, Client Business Services and Service and Sales to create opportunities to strengthen Tangerine’s conversion, cost efficiency and existing client satisfaction while meeting regulatory requirements. The Senior Manager will report directly to the Director of Product Management, Chequing.
- Maintain an industry expert level of awareness of current trends within the banking market as well as from other relevant consumer facing industries.
- Have a superior understanding on the ever-evolving role of technology in the everyday lives of Canadians.
- Lead/participate in cross functional initiatives to assess the impact of new, innovative opportunities for Tangerine within the market.
- Create executive ready business cases and marketing recommendations on product strategies and tactics by interpreting business and client needs.
- Educate and influence key stakeholders within the organization on trends and the possible impact of strategic opportunities.
- Provide leadership to inter-departmental teams (i.e. IT, Marketing, Service and Sales, Operations, Legal and Compliance, Finance, Risk etc.) to assist in implementing recommendations.
- Maintain the product positioning that supports our brand.
- Support the product management team on non-strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree – MBA preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience
- Strong experience and understanding with consumer banking products, processes and operations
- Technical Skills
- Strong analytical and data skills
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to effectively influence key stakeholders without formal authority
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to effectively simplify complexity to ensure a superior client experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to inspire cross-functional teams and executives towards action and investment
- Positive and proactive individual who is able to consider the “big picture”
The Senior Manager, Product Management, Chequing will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer