The Facilities Department is here to help you arrange your everyday facility needs. Facilities’ should be the first point of contact when you think of any physical change to your premises (moving or buying of furniture, painting of walls, small to large renovations, etc.) We’re here to provide the following everyday services, above and beyond the physical changes in your premises:
- Temperature adjustments
- Building signage
- Parking passes (Forms & Guidelines | Facilities)
- New keys or replacement keys for desks or filing cabinets(Forms & Guidelines | Facilities)
- Physical Moves from desk to desk (Forms & Guidelines | Facilities)
- Broken equipment, desks, chairs, cabinets etc. (Forms & Guidelines | Facilities)
- Ordering toner cartridge replacements for printers and copier machines
- Shredding Needs (Forms & Guidelines | Facilities)
- Courier requests (Forms & Guidelines | Facilities)
- Burnt out lights, coffee spills, tripping hazards, hanging of whiteboards, water too hot or too cold (Forms & Guidelines | Facilities)
Meeting Room problems, equipment not working, carpet tear, table scratch, chair broken (Forms & Guidelines | Facilities)
The Facilities Coordinator reports to the Director of Strategic Sourcing, Facilities and Real Estate and is solely accountable and responsible for the preventive and re-active management and maintenance of all Tangerine’s facilities to ensure that Tangerine’s facilities and services meet the business’s needs, are of a high standard and provide a safe, healthy, sustainable and productive working environment.
- Single point of contact for all of Tangerine’s facilities nationally including head office, Moncton call center, cafés, pop-ups and kiosks by ensuring all Tangerine’s assets are repaired and maintained and that all facility help-desk, site inspection issues and requests are prioritized and executed on schedule and within the appropriate scope and budget
- Negotiate and perform vendor management for all of facilities’ contracts and service providers including performance and quality tracking and analysis; Annual contract review to vet, add and divest contracts as appropriate to create service integration, improved performance and saving.
- Manage facility and project related costs within the approved annual capital and operating budgets.
- Coordinate corporate and retail facility projects, programs and initiatives.
- Improve Tangerine’s facilities continually through research and knowledge of optimal and leading edge commercial office planning and furniture systems.
- Manage the working relationship with all Landlords and base building Property Managers nationally for Tangerine head office, Moncton call center, cafes and kiosks to perform all required and emergency repairs per Lease accountabilities; Monitor and evaluate performance and completion.
- Co-chair Tangerine’ Health and Safety program, liaising with property management and security as required.
- Conduct daily inspection rounds, by floor, of Tangerine head office proactively addressing issues and reporting on patterns and trends in facility requirements and repairs. Connect regularly with the call center, Café managers and Physical Distribution for review of regional facility requirements.
- Engage vendors as required, to attend to carpet stains, damaged paint/drywall, disposal of furniture; work with building maintenance to complete minor repairs.
- Collaborate in Annual budget review and forecasting, drive process and service improvements while creating cost savings and efficiencies.
- Proactively develop and maintain communication and positive relationships with Tangerine employees at all levels; ensure facility’s responsibilities are conducted professionally with constant improvement of service and process; conduct and monitor surveys to ensure all services and completed work meets or exceeds the ongoing level of operational standards Tangerine has for its facilities.
- Administer vendor permit database maintaining updated WSIB Certificates and Certificates of Insurance for compliance.
- Facilitate and organize set-up requirements for special functions including furniture, catering, and special requests.
- Drive sustainability practices through all facilities procurement, service and vendor management processes.
- Respond to emergencies at all Tangerine Facilities as required during and after hours.
- Understand and comply with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree
- Degree or diploma in Facility Management, Interior Design or Project Management is an asset
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ Facility Management experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Specialized Knowledge
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety regulatory requirements
- Working knowledge of construction and commercial office furniture systems
- Solid understanding of LEED and WELL BUILDNG requirements and sustainable facility practices
- Technical Skills
- Superior organizational and high developed time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated in a clear and concise manner
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in requirements/resolution and quality assurance
- Solid capabilities in Microsoft suite (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Adobe is required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is highly desirable
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively with cross-functional teams and third party vendors
- Ability to asses business needs and translate them into viable working solutions
- Ability to influence without authority and deal with ambiguity
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Consistently demonstrates positive interpersonal interactions and a strong sense of urgency
- Self-starter that pushes boundaries and effectively challenges the status quo
The Marketing Specialist will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.