The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems. The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
The Senior ServiceNow Developer and Administrator acts as both subject matter expert (SME) and administrator/developer of our ITSM enterprise tool ServiceNow. This includes both day-to-day continuing development and support of all instances (DEV, TEST and PROD) through changes, upgrades and enhancements. The role is also responsible for maintenance, configuration and generation of system reports as well as initiating vendor support with ServiceNow (Customer Success Manager and HI system) by submitting trouble tickets for bugs/problems/investigations or service requests. The position will also provide mentoring and education to other IT/ Business users on ITSM process handling, tool usage and be responsible for making best practice recommendations on system usage.
This individual should be knowledgeable in Windows environments, exhibit a solid understanding of networks, possess expert functional knowledge in ServiceNow, clearly understand ITILv3-based ITSM processes (Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Asset Management) and possess strong verbal and written skills with an ability to clearly communicate to a diverse audience. This position requires a dedicated and hardworking individual. At times the job may require shift work. On-call support is also a possibility. The Senior ServiceNow Developer and Administrator reports directly to the Senior Manager of IT Frontline Support and ITSM Platform.
- Oversee all ServiceNow development tasks.
- Technical Support of the existing ServiceNow environments, applications and modules.
- Develop and implement additional functionality and modules.
- All software configuration/customization:
- screen/form design and layout
- workflow analysis, design and support
- report design, creation and support
- data import/export scheduling, maintenance and validation
- software integrations within architecture team and with 3rd party software applications where applicable
- custom scripting
- Develop resource pools, roles, skills, resolver groups.
- Design, configuration, and implementation of dashboards.
- Respond to system outages.
- Manage system upgrades via established change management procedures.
- Provide technical advice on options, risk and impacts on business processes and technical architecture acting as Subject Matter Expert in ServiceNow application.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements and provide estimates for configuration and development effort.
- Develop solutions in the ServiceNow platform that are sustainable and ITIL compliant.
- Perform unit testing, code reviews, development best practices and implement ServiceNow related best practices.
- Prepare and deliver training for end users.
- Design, configuration, and implementation of new workflows and enhancements to existing workflows and system functionality.
- Collaborate with Process Owners to support effective process execution.
- Review and approve vendor documentation regarding patching and upgrades.
- Perform impact analysis of upcoming revisions, change and plan and manage required activities.
- Conduct UAT for installed upgrades in all environment (Development, Testing, Production).
- Prepare and issue required communication to users about impending changes to the system.
- Perform validations that the system is being used in conformance to standards of use.
- Interact with vendor support.
- Develop ad-hoc daily, weekly and monthly key data statistics and reports.
- Performance analysis.
- Author clear and concise technical documentation of processes, procedures, and policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience on ServiceNow platform
- 4+ years of Java scripting and software development experience
- Experience in incident identification, diagnosis, troubleshooting, resolution and solution implementation
- Experience working with enterprise software products
- Experience working with proposals
- ServiceNow development and platform management experience in the following areas:
- Glide Records
- Accessing user information
- System security
- Client scripting and UI Policies
- Graphical workflow
- Import Sets
- Reference Qualifiers and Dependent fields
- Service Catalog and Catalog Scripting
- Table and Field Manipulation
- Client Side and Server Side Scripting (Ex. Catalog Client Script, Business Rules, Script Actions, Script Includes etc.)
- Client and Server API's (Ex: GlideDialogWindow, GlideForm (g_form), GlideAggregate, GlideRecord etc.)
- Administration (includes Reporting, Email Notifications, Creating/Editing Home pages, Personalizing Forms etc.)
- HTML/CSS/AJAX knowledge
- UI Pages and Jelly
- Access Control Lists and ACL debugging
- Transformation Maps, Scheduler, Connection with other databases/instances, WebService9
- MID Server setup
- Update set migration
- ServiceNow development best practices
- Ability to create and modify workflows/custom related lists
- SSO Integration
- Web Service Integration
- LDAP Integration
- Specialized Knowledge
- A general understanding of Banking/Financial systems would be an asset
- Technical Skills
- Advance Java scripting skill
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and good understanding of (Asset/Configuration/Incident/Problem Management, Service Catalog etc.)
- Experience with ITIL-based service desk solutions such as ServiceNow, Remedy or CA Service Desk
- Experience and proven ability in the use of Wintel Platforms
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Visio, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a calm and effective manner
- Ability to work in a complex, fast paced and rapidly changing business environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Focused on process orientation with attention-to-detail skills
- Excellent communication skills
The Senior ServiceNow Developer and Administrator will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.