The Marketing department ensures that our brand image is what we want it to be with Canadians. The department is made up of the following teams:
- Creative Services
- Content & Writing Services
- Marketing Insights
- Marketing Projects & Operations
- MARCOM Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
The Manager, Growth and Retention Marketing is responsible for developing the Client Centric Growth and Retention communication strategy to produce simple yet relevant offers. Leveraging data-driven decisions and sophisticated analytic insights (e.g. profiling and segmentation), the Manager will drive a test and learn approach to grow and retain Clients at Tangerine. The successful candidate will possess strategic and analytical marketing acumen along with a proven track record for helping a Tier One organization grow and retain Clients through marketing communications efforts. The Manager will report directly to the Director of Marketing Communication Management.
- Create the growth and retention communication strategy to guide continuous expansion of the company's communication efforts and continuously identify, evaluate and test new growth and retention channels, strategies and tactics.
- Develop and initiate growth and retention campaign briefs, experiment with a wide array of ever-changing digital and traditional mediums and develop methods to understand and improve communication effectiveness.
- Partner cross-functionally within integrated marketing, Client experience, customer insights, product management, contact centers, etc. to effectively execute growth and retention focused communications and analyze their success.
- Collaborate on the company's online advertising strategies to continually include site retargeting, search retargeting, behavioral targeting, sophisticated social marketing, affiliate marketing, display advertising, real-time bidding and beyond.
- Lead and develop the agenda for the cross-functional Growth and Retention cross-functional taskforce and chair the meetings.
- Lead the strategic development and execution of a comprehensive marketing plan that supports the mandate for growth and retention.
- Collaborate on marketing strategies to grow the business based on solid analysis, including: Client behavior, purchase propensity, channel optimization, profiling and segmentation to drive message relevance.
- Manage implementation of the growth and retention marketing plan and manage expenses versus plan.
- Ensure product communications align accordingly with Client experience and communication strategy.
- Increase product and feature utilization through a structured program of education, communication, incentives, tools and “wow” moments.
- Improve product cross-sell rates through efficient targeting and communications.
- Rapidly develop and launch qualitative and quantitative A/B and multivariate tests and continuously apply learning.
- Ensure Tangerine remains in compliance and is aware of all banking/regulatory requirements, amendments and responsibilities.
- Establish trusted collaborative working relationships with other members of the Tangerine Marketing Team.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Marketing, Advertising and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience – MBA from a leading institution is highly desirable
- Minimum 5-7 years of marketing experience in demanding digital-oriented Tier-1 organizations (e.g. Telco, Banking, Retail, Technology, etc.)
- Minimum 5-7 years of strategic marketing communications experience including direct response (traditional and digital)
- Relevant credit card marketing experience would be an asset
- Intellectual curiosity about Client behavior and profitability, retail balance flows, channels, etc.
The Manager, Growth and Retention Marketing will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.