Tangerine Bank is a Digital Innovation company that creates leading financial products and services. We’ve changed the way Canadians do banking by being one of the first banks to introduce digital banking products to our clients. We continue to be a trail blazer in our industry by developing banking products and services that are deeply rooted in client service and technology.
Chief Information Officer (CIO) @ Tangerine Bank
Is a member of Tangerine’s Executive Team, the CIO is responsible to plan, coordinate, direct and design all operational and strategic activities of Tangerine’s IT Department that includes our IT Operations, Software Development, PMO and IT Governance teams, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations.
The CIO is responsible for the overall strategic and operational aspects of current and future technologies of the business including: management of information systems, office automation, voice and data telecommunications, systems development and technical computing functions in support of overall corporate information resource needs and objectives.
Most importantly the CIO will continue to drive innovation and propel the bank in the digital age.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of the IT strategy based on technology trends, business strategy, industry direction, corporate priorities and IT’s principles.
- Align IT objectives and programs to enterprise objectives, strategies and priorities.
- Maintain and advance technology platform and utilization to ensure technology is a core business competence and strategic differentiator.
- Responsible for delivering business and IT projects that are focused on providing internal and external clients with the best possible customer experience.
- Ensuring that scalability is achieved through the development of internal resources, as well as maintaining partnerships with external parties capable of enhancing the IT infrastructure and operations.
- Strengthen Tangerine’s IT systems to support transformational change introduced through business projects, research and development, innovation and any initiative that requires IT infrastructure components.
- Direct Tangerine’s IT Leadership Team to look for opportunities to improve the internal software stack and hardware infrastructure to support changes in business deliverables and strategies.
- Responsible for research and analysis in the areas of software development, project management methodologies, IT operations and infrastructure to offer an innovative, productive and effective approach to delivering business results.
- Guide the evaluation of new technologies and participate in the continuous improvement of applications and systems to drive transformational change within IT and the business lines.
- Oversee relationships with strategic partners for the purpose of leveraging various sourcing options to provide the utmost scalability based on project and business demands.
- Define and adjust IT standards and technologies as needed based on changes to IT/Business processes and market influences.
- Ensure that Governance standards are established and followed throughout IT and the PMO.
- Lead, coach and develop teams, bringing energy and passion for the business.
- University Degree
- Minimum 15+ years of leadership experience with a strong emphasis on information technology in a fast-paced, innovative organization
- Highly skilled and experienced in running a large-scale, real-time, scalable retail banking environment
- Technical Skills
- Skilled at identifying and evaluating new technological developments and gauging their appropriateness for the business