The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems. The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
The Telecommunications Support Analyst is responsible for ensuring the ongoing 24/7 operations of the telecommunication systems by providing the most effective service. Duties include monitoring systems, providing timely responses to queries and alarms and working with vendors to effectively support Tangerine environments and to proactively make recommendations for systems enhancements and performance. This role also creates and maintains documentation for call flows, procedures, systems configuration and all communication line details. The Telecom Support Analyst will report directly to the Senior Manager Telecommunication and Contact Center.
- Administer and respond to inquiries
- Administer Telecommunication system performance, switch capacities and utilization through planning, monitoring and tuning and make the senior aware of any issues or concerns
- Ensure systems are being backed up and valid; if errors occur, ensure timely response for resolution
- Create and maintain telecommunication procedures, checklists and documentation; ensure current work flows and voice and data communication line detailed information is current
- Provide timely response to queries, ARQ’s and Helpdesk tickets and report/escalate issues relating to the Telephony infrastructure to senior and management if these are high priority
- Prepare, evaluate or facilitate training to general and co-op staff on telecommunication systems
- Provide support for IT Development initiatives in matters relating to telecommunications
- Maintain vendor relationships to effectively support Tangerine environments and proactively make recommendations for systems enhancements and performance
- Assist in the planning and implementation stages of relevant telecommunication projects
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Telecommunications and Telephony systems experience
- Specialized Knowledge
- Understanding of the importance of process discipline to production operations
- Sound understanding of banking/financial systems
- Technical Skills
- Basic knowledge of computer application processing and operating computer hardware
- Proficient troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Competent in telecommunication technology:
- Voice over IP
- Programming and administration
- Voice mail
- Call detail reporting (Avotus)
- Work force management system
- Call Recording
- Telephone tolls
- 1-800 service
- Phone punch downs moves adds and deletes
- Sound knowledge of technologies (Avaya, Cisco, Genesys and Verint considered asset)
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with users at various levels in the organization
- Good written and verbal communication skills
The Telecom Support Analyst will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.