The Deposits Performance Analyst plays a leading role in analyzing internal and external data to understand key drivers of Deposit Product performance. The incumbent is responsible for communicating performance drivers to a range of stakeholders to drive improved business results. Further, the role is responsible for drafting tactical recommendations for business growth and quantifying the corresponding risks and opportunities. The role presents an exciting opportunity for a successful candidate to directly support a key priority for the Bank while developing leadership, communication and analytical skills in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The Deposit Performance Analyst reports directly to the Senior Manager of Deposit Performance Optimization.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of the key drivers of account and balance growth, exploring volume and pricing relationships for Tangerine’s Deposit product lines.
- Develop growth estimates for both posted and promotional pricing changes to support prioritization of business initiatives.
- Support the development of volume targets and pricing strategy for the business through quantitative analysis
- Deliver regular accurate volume activity and account forecasts for Tangerine’s Deposit business both for the calendar year and for the medium term plan (MTP).
- Complete ad-hoc analyses to answer key questions posited by stakeholders. This will generally include quantitative analysis of results, and identifying the key drivers of various patterns in volume.
- Build and maintain regular detailed reports to augment existing dashboards, highlighting important trends in key product lines, as defined by the Manager, Deposit Performance Optimization.
- Build presentations that will be used to share findings with the Deposit Product Team, the Marketing Department, and the Executive Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree in Math, Database Marketing or Business
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- Previous database experience in the context of financial analytics
- Previous data modeling experience preferred
- Specialized Knowledge
- Proficient understanding of the retail banking industry
- Technical Skills
- Strong database skills including experience with SAS (base SAS, enterprise guide, Enterprise Miner or similar tools)
- Statistical analysis capability
- Knowledge of proprietary databases and warehouse structures
- Information gathering and research skills
- Ability to apply analytic learning to business/pricing strategy
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
The Deposits Performance Analyst will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.