The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems. The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
The Junior Test Analyst plays an integral role within the Testing and Quality Assurance (TQA) team, which acts as a significant component of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) at Tangerine Bank. The Junior Test Analyst is responsible for working closely with other test analysts, developers and project coordinators to ensure proper functionality with respect to Tangerine applications, services, software and hardware. The Test Analyst will report directly to the Manager of Software Testing.
- Review business requirement documents and create test cases, as assigned by the Intermediate/Senior Test Analyst.
- Establish traceability between test cases, requirements and defects.
- Participate in the creation and documentation of software testing plans and test design documents.
- Execution of test cases and documentation of results for various types of testing as required (applies to smoke, integration, functional and regression testing).
- Take responsibility and ownership for the quality of all deliverables including test scripts and test cases.
- Defect management of logged defects/errors reported to the project/development team
- Test Lead ARQ Builds on a rotational basis as assigned.
- Produce accurate and detailed test status reports on a periodic basis and distributed to key project members.
- Collaborate with the development team and project coordinators in an effective and timely fashion to assure delivery of all assigned tasks on time.
- Contribution to and administration of the TQA collaborative site on SharePoint.
- Participate in process improvement feedback initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with the software development life cycle and software testing methodologies
- Previous exposure to the banking industry/financial services is preferred
- Professional Certification
- Minimum CSTB / ISTQB Foundation-Level Certification or equivalent job experience
- Specialized Knowledge
- Knowledge with mobile platforms and native applications an asset
- Technical Skills
- Bilingual (French) skills an asset
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio and MS Project)
- Competent in:
- Test management and planning tools (e.g. JIRA or HP QC)
- Requirements Management tools (e.g. IBM Requisite Pro or Doors)
- Defect Management tools (e.g. JIRA and IBM Rational ClearQuest)
- Mobile management/testing tools (e.g. Perfecto Mobile)
- Reporting tools (e.g. MS Office or Crystal Reports)
- Developing simple database queries using SQL
- Web Content Management tools and concepts
- HTML and related Web development technologies
- Excellent documentation skills
- Familiarity with automation testing technologies and strategies
- Self-starter, shows initiative, able to work with minimal supervision
- Motivated to learn new skills
The Junior Test Analyst will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.