The Data Science and Analytics department works with all areas of the business on report automation, data centralization, testing, technical consulting and training and using deep analytics to optimize business decisions.
The Senior Manager, Data Science & Analytics, is responsible for managing technical projects and overseeing the implementation of deep analytics in a broad area of the Bank. The role will focus on managing and prioritizing project deliverables and timelines, scrutinizing results, building and meeting guidelines around compliance and governance, managing vendor relationships, and team leadership and development.
Reporting directly to the Director, Data Science & Analytics, the Senior Manager will lead components of the Data Science & Analytics function at an enterprise wide level in addition to leading, developing and retaining a team of data science analysts. The successful candidate will possess a strong track record of technical and strategic thinking, team leadership, project management and enhancing business decisions with deep analytics.
- Provide leadership by coaching a technical team on delivering results, developing their strengths and opportunities, and attaining their career goals.
- Partner with senior leaders and key stakeholders to understand needs, identify and prioritize key analytic opportunities and project workflow.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders cross-functionally to problem solve, build consensus, and influence meaningful outcomes and the Bank’s strategies.
- Manage large cross functional projects by applying the necessary level of scrutiny to ensure the output and recommendations delivered are to the highest level of quality.
- Build and maintain frameworks and standards around reporting, testing, monitoring, governance, implementation validation, and regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Embrace and foster an environment of open communication and accountability as it relates to Tangerine’s promises and competencies.
- Lead, coach and develop teams, bringing energy and passion for the business.
- Conduct performance assessments with reports at least semi-annually.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary education in Mathematics/Statistics, or other quantitative discipline
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in data science, analytics, or technology
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience managing a technical team
- Technical Skills
- Experience in statistical computing languages (e.g. R, SAS, Python, Apache Spark, etc.)
- Experience using data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, Cognos, Power BI, etc.)
- Expertise in project and process management
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects concurrently Influence by building consensus with stakeholders to reach optimal solutions to reinforce the Bank’s strategy
- Ability to translate and build compelling and intuitive recommendations to non-technical audiences
- Exceptional communicator (written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills)
- Ability to manage relationships maintaining a continuous level of engagement with key stakeholders
- Strong collaborator across functional teams in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail, sense of urgency and ability to work under pressure
- Strategic and creative problem solver who is innovative and data-driven
The Senior Manager, Data Science & Analytics, will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportuntiy employer.