The Marketing department ensures that our brand image is what we want it to be with Canadians. The department is made up of the following teams:
- Creative Services
- Content & Writing Services
- Marketing Insights
- Marketing Projects & Operations
- MARCOM Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Reporting to the Director of Marketing Strategy & Intelligence, the Manager, Marketing Intelligence is the analytic lead in the Client Intelligence function, focusing on client and account behavior to identify trends and opportunities related to the Bank’s marketing strategies & initiatives. This is a technical leadership position with respect to design, development and implementation of Marketing insights focused on Customer profiling and segmentation.
The Manager, Marketing Intelligence will lead the development and maintenance of client centric profiling, segmentation and reporting to support the strategic initiatives of the marketing department. They will contribute to building a data-driven decision making culture in marketing, with thought leadership through analytics. The Manager will support to the marketing department in providing timely analyses for business opportunities and insights and is responsible in leading, coaching, developing and retaining the Marketing Intelligence Team.
- Provide leadership to the Marketing Intelligence team - managing priorities to achieve goals of the Marketing Department.
- Analytic Lead responsible for Client centric marketing analysis:
- Raising of customer and/or consumer trends, opportunities or issues for future marketing initiative.
- Contribute to the development of marketing strategy with analytic insights.
- Build strategic alliances with partners (internal and external), as required.
- Establish trusted collaborative working relationships with other members of the Tangerine Leadership Team.
- Coach, mentor and motivate a team to world-class results in Marketing Intelligence that achieves the desired objectives from Clients and prospects.
- Ensure Tangerine remains in compliance, and is aware of all banking/regulatory requirements, amendments and responsibilities.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to evolve and integrate client segmentation within all marketing channels and business lines including:
- Behavioral Profiling
- Lifetime Value
- Provide developmental support to direct reports through coaching, experiential learning, educational opportunities, etc.
- Embraces and ensures execution of Tangerine’s promises and leadership competencies.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree or equivalent in Business, Statistics or Economics
- Full time work experience of at least 7 years
- Technical Skills
- Advanced data mining capabilities
- Advanced SAS skills – Base, Stat, Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner
- Understanding and experience working with relational databases and data warehouses
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior business acumen, translating complex analytics to actionable business opportunities
The Manager, Marketing Intelligence will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.