Tangerine Bank is subject to, and must comply with many Regulations promulgated by governments, regulators and self-regulating bodies. The AML Department is responsible for developing, implementing and sustaining the Tangerine Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Program and ensuring that Tangerine remains compliant with regulatory expectations as well as Scotiabank policies and standards.
The Manager, AML reports directly to the Director, AML. The Manager, AML Governance is responsible for overseeing the daily management of the Tangerine Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Program.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls
- Act as a liaison and point of contact for the Business to address questions, educate and inform the business regarding AML/ATF and Sanctions requirements
- Act as an AML/ATF and sanctions subject matter expert on projects, initiatives and risk assessments
- Manage internal and external audit examinations and preparatory efforts; identifying, tracking and managing any identified gaps or action items to completion
- Support enterprise inherent risk and control effectiveness assessments
- Work with business partners within the Bank (Shared Services / GAMLU) to adapt and implement Enterprise Wide policies for Tangerine
- Support the Director and business with the design and implementation of projects and initiatives
- Actively participate in various aspects or phases of the AML Transformation
- Develop, Monitor and Report Key Risk Indicators (“KRI”) and Key Performance Indicators (“KPI”)
- Track, develop and provide effective training to business units on AML processes, as needed
- Manage and respond to internal questions from the Business and other 1A and 1B support functions
- Track, monitor and report monthly and quarterly statistics in relation to AML activities
- Coordinate with the business to ensure adequate policies and procedures are implemented to support AML processes
- Update and manage the Tangerine AML/ATF and Sanctions Handbook
- Track master lists including identification methods, acceptable identification, PEPs and Divestitures
- Oversee and help ensure change management processes are adhered to relative to key AML/ATF and Sanctions controls
- Identify emerging ML/TF and Sanctions regulatory risks to confirm appropriate processes are in place to ensure risks are appropriately mitigated and driving changes, as needed
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements
- Communicate and coordinate any new regulatory or head office changes
- Maintain, establish and promote relationships with internal and external industry partners
- Promote a culture of compliance within Tangerine
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College Degree in related field
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in the Financial Services industry
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in AML/ATF and Sanctions
- Previous experience of implementing regulatory standards relating to AML/ATF
- Professional Certification
- CAMS designation is required
- Specialized Knowledge
- Detailed knowledge of AML/ATF and Sanctions regulatory standards
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well with deadlines
- Strong interpersonal with the ability to engage the Business
- Fosters an environment that attracts, retains, develops and motivates an inclusive staff and effectively communicates vision/values/business strategy
- Effective communication skills and ability to impact and influence
- Attention to detail
The Manager, AML will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.