The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems. The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
The Storage Administrator’s role is to operate and performance-tune all of Tangerine’s mission critical storage platforms across the organization to ensure high levels of data quality, availability and security. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure storage provisioning, efficiency and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. In addition, the Storage Administrator performs all planned upgrades and implements hotfixes on critical banking storage systems, and core switches to ensure a stable environment for Tangerine’s customers. The Storage Administrator will report directly to Director, IT Service Delivery.
- Perform tasks necessary to fulfill service level agreements with end-users regarding storage allocations, limitations, security and availability
- Participate in or lead special projects to ensure core-banking infrastructure is updated, maintained and refreshed to ensure a fast and stable banking experience for our customers
- Communicate and enforce, through system procedures, data storage retention policies. Follow change control, incident response and testing processes for modifications to storage appliances and software
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, respond to and resolve issues with core banking infrastructure systems, to ensure 99.999 % up time
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, respond to and resolve issues with storage devices, storage access, and data retrieval
- Monitor, analyze, and predict trends for storage equipment performance, space allocation and data growth to recommend enhancements to the IT storage team
- Develop, document and maintain operational processes and tasks
- Actively stay informed on storage laws, trends and issues, including current and emerging technologies and best practices; advise, counsel and educate executive and management teams on their relative importance
- Install and configure storage devices and corresponding softwar
- Implement redundant systems, policies and procedures for disaster recovery and archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of storage appliances and stored data assets
- Develop routines for end-users to facilitate storage best practices, including desktop storage administration
- Ensure all backups of critical systems are restorable and test such on a quarterly basis
- Required to be available outside normal business hours
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College Degree
- 5+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in developing and submitting storage audits and compliance reports to governing bodies, legal entities and/or external authorities
- Specialized Knowledge
- Knowledge of change management systems, such as Unisphere, Ionics and ECC. EMC-VMAX, VNX, ECS, Unity, Data Domain
- Deep understanding of Brocade Switching.
- Thorough knowledge of Veritas Netbackup along with backup strategies and history of implementing such.
- Knowledge of applicable data retention practices and laws
- Sound understanding of storage architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices
- Technical Skills
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting storage servers and management software, including EMC, VNX, VMAX, VPLEX, ECS, DataDomain, Standard Block Storage\NAS
- Proven skills in Windows Server Platforms\Linux\AIX
- Hands-on SAN/NAS/DAS troubleshooting experience
- Solid troubleshooting abilities, both proactive and reactive
- Experience with tape/disk drives and backup and restore technologies
- Ability to work well under pressure and focus on multiple projects concurrently
- Logical thinker, step oriented problem solving
- Good verbal and written communications, including presentation skills
- Very hands-on person, willing to dive in and take charge, identifying and tackling key issues
- Strong team player who is confident and challenged in a fast-paced environment supporting a wide range of technologies
- Detailed-oriented and be able to effectively prioritize his/her efforts, follow-up to ensure all aspects of the engagement are addressed, and escalate issues appropriately
- Proactive and results-oriented with good time management skills
The Storage Administrator will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
****Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer****