The mandate of the Project Management Department (PMO) is to deliver change through automation and reengineering of business processes and to ensure continuous improvement and support of Tangerine's strategy. In addition, the PMO is responsible for producing the standards, guidelines and policies with respect to business cases, project management, analysis, testing and execution of projects. The PMO defines and manages development and operational projects and manages major project requests from inception to implementation. Detailed documentation regarding these processes are available to any employee who is involved, or would like to know more about the processes.
The Program Manager of PMO will be responsible for the management of the project team and the management of all subsequent projects and programs in the project team.
The Program Manager of PMO will be responsible for continuous improvement of all processes, systems and procedures, based on ongoing experience and feedback of the business and performed research and analysis. The Program Manager of PMO will also be involved in strategic projects that will require cross-departmental analysis and execution. This position will develop strategies, implement long-term goals of the organization, and have accountability to ensure projects and programs are delivered on time, within budget and meet expectations. The Program Manager will report directly to the Director of Project Management Office.
- Manage the personnel responsible for each program/project within the company portfolio.
- Monitor the quality of milestone artifacts.
- Ensure projects are managed in accordance with the SDLC.
- Provide value-added Project Management mentoring to team members to support successful project delivery.
- Management of all members of the team: Coaching, On-the-job training, Performance reviews of team members.
- Review and assess current business processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Participate in special projects including but not limited to product, platform and process enhancement.
- Prepare project plans, clearly defining objectives, benefits, timelines and cost estimates.
- Support the department by way of technical and procedural knowledge.
- Work closely with other departments to effect changes and enhancements in a seamless manner.
- Assist in the preparation of business cases based on user needs.
- Manage/monitor projects according to project management methodology.
- Review business processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Organize and conduct request for proposals as required.
- Liaison with auditors of all types including monitoring of audit issue follow up.
- Prepare and present recommendations to Senior Management.
- Work with the IT Development and business teams to outline costs, develop detailed technical requirements and documentation.
- Provide project and program status updates to Senior Management.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of project and people management required
- Prior experience in managing large projects
- Technical Skills
- Strong analytical skills required in identifying problems, validating and making recommendations
- Strong analytical and technical skills, particularly in requirements/resolution and quality assurance
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft Project
- Experience with business process documentation tools
- Experience with testing strategies and tools
- Proven ability to initiate projects, document requirements, define/test/implement solutions
- Ability to negotiate, build relationships and manage conflict
- Ability to manage customer expectations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
The Program Manager, Project Management Office will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.