The Technical Lead of Release Management is responsible for conducting, leading and coordinating Software Builds in development and testing environments. The Technical Lead is also responsible for preparing production releases as well as documenting handover processes to IT Operations. The Technical Lead will support IT Development team throughout the entire SDLC. The Technical Lead will report directly to the Manager of IT Release and Change Management.
- Work with various development teams to build and support automated builds, supporting daily continuous integration.
- Develop automated test scripts to be run in development and testing environments to ensure build stability.
- Responsible for Mobile Strategy, Deployment and releases - IOS and Android.
- Administering and maintaining version control, defect management, code review and static code analysis systems.
- Ensures volume of work produced follows Tangerine promotion model and meets Tangerine quality standards.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve build issues, branching and merging of source code as needed.
- Maintain a technical proficiency with respect to programming languages, scripts and processes to ensure that Tangerine is well positioned for technological advances in the marketplace.
- Supporting and promoting a structured Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Advise team members on best practices in Release Management.
- Evaluate new technologies and participate in the continuous improvement of applications and systems.
- Ensure 7x24 availability of all internet, intranet sites and applications.
- Provide second level problem resolution of web issues.
- Provide support to IT Development initiatives in matters related to internet, intranet presence and other projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of related experience
- Previous exposure to the banking industry/financial services is preferred
- Experience with industry best practices standards (ITIL, DevOps, CMMI and others)
- Strong development background
- Specialized Knowledge
- Understanding of Tangerine banking systems and processes
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Exposure to DevOps, Agile methodologies
- Experience on CI/CD lifecycle
- Technical Skills
- Well versed in development lifecycle and object oriented development methodologies
- Well versed with different Mobile Device Management (MDM) applications such as Mobile Iron, VMWare AirWatch, iOS and BES.
- Competent in Version Control (like ClearCase GIT/ Bitbucket and Subversion), Continuous Integration Tools (like CruiseControl, Jenkins and/or Rational Build Forge), Defect Management Tools (like ClearQuest, Jira), Test Management and Planning Tools (like HP ALM/QC or IBM Rational QM, HP Agile Manager)
- Expereince wtih Dockers
- Competent in tools required to automate CI/CD pipeline- GITHUB, Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, Containers, Puppet, Slack and Cloud services
- Python, Perl, ANT and Python scripting, AIX, WIN2K, WebSphere Application Server, IBM Rational Application Developer or Eclipse Platform, XML Spy, Banking systems and their integration, Web Services
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio and MS Project)
- Competent in enterprise application delivery and design techniques
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Expertise in Automation
- Web design experience
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the larger team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Committed to Self-Development
- Builds High Performing Teams
- Conveys an Inspirational Vision & Strategy
The Technical Lead of Release Management will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.