Enterprise Architect is responsible for creating mid-to-long term strategy, roadmaps and reference architecture assets on assigned areas such as Cloud, API, Data and Infrastructure. S/he is also responsible for assisting application development, operations and testing teams leverage these assets and evolve them as the business and technology landscape changes.
The Enterprise Architect is in charge of these key assets:
- Strategy, Roadmaps and Technical Standards on her/his assigned domain(s)
- Reference Architecture (including Starter Kit, Design Models, Frameworks and Usage Guidelines)
- Enterprise-level asset catalogs (e.g. API portal, Open source libraries, etc.)
S/he provides headlights to upcoming/disruptive technologies that can give Tangerine competitive edge. S/he will act as principal investigators, evaluators and advocates for technologies/approaches that will deliver concrete return-on-investment to the bank.
Perform enterprise level architectural activities
- Establish mid-term and long-term IT vision, strategy and roadmaps on assigned areas (e.g. Cloud, Open API, Data and Analytics, Infrastructure)
- Clearly communicate/publish the vision and technology roadmap to various team and stakeholders
- Define and document enterprise level technical standards and champion their implementation
- Define standards for naming, governing, managing, modeling data, application and infrastructure assets within the enterprise, define guidelines that defines them.
- Define and facilitate architectural governance process activities in line with Application Development Lifecycle and Quality Assurance steps.
- Define Reference Architecture
- Define Bank’s reference architecture and communicate to the stakeholders
- Ensure a running sample for reference architecture is put in place for the solution teams.
- Establish and effectuate a common architectural modeling practice
- Define and maintain an architecture meta-model to represent bank's architecture in different domains as alternative viewpoints, define roles and responsibilities.
- Build and maintain an architectural repository as a single point of information.
- Assess existing architecture, and model them into architectural repository to host architectural portfolio items and their relationships and dependencies.
- Communicate with and train other stakeholders to encourage using standards and methodologies to the organization and get their involvement
- Build and maintain key asset catalogs
Partner with the Solutions Architect(s) to design. Provide advice and counsel to project teams.
- On high complexity projects, designs that are different to ensure appropriate balance is achieved between costs, re-use, ongoing maintenance, operability and scalability.
- Ensure project designs are in line with architectural standards in synchronization with business needs
- Ensure architectural designs are updated to enterprise architectural repository
- Ensure disaster backup and recovery scenarios are taken into account during project solutions and are documented appropriately.
- Provide technical guidance for development teams responsible for the development and maintenance of all aspects of Tangerine Banking Systems and network infrastructure
- Asses that non-functional requirements are met along with the solutions.
Mentor and coach others within assigned area.
- Transfer subject matter expertise to other IT practitioners where appropriate.
- During practice, consider opportunities, requirements across all architectural domains.
Continuously improve of existing Tangerine technology solutions
- Assess existing applications for redundancy, technology aging and improvement areas.
- Design implementation, migration and interface strategies to facilitate conformance to Tangerine technology architecture.
- Participate in and support analysis and design of enhancements to Tangerine Banking Systems
- Provide analysis of the systems architecture/infrastructure and provided recommendations for improvements based on best practices, industry standards and business needs
- Evaluate, review and recommend technological solutions that will enable Tangerine Bank to be well positioned in the marketplace
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience as a solution architect or domain architect
- 5+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in the assigned domain
- Key Business Skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit – takes ownership from ideation to operationalization
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working in unstructured and rapidly changing environments
- Strong data analytics acumen
- Technical Skills
- Competent in:
- Cloud native architectures (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Google Cloud Platform)
- Java / Spring Framework
- Security technologies such as OAuth and PKI
- High availability systems design
- Performance Tuning
- Mobile application development / deployment
- Web APIs
- DevOps concepts
- Familiar with open source technologies
The Enterprise Architect will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.