Technical Lead, Test Automation
The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems. The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
The Technical Lead, Test Automation is responsible for the ongoing set up, development and support of the technical testing software/hardware framework to enable testing and automation across current and future technical testing areas; functional UI, services, performance testing. The Tech Lead should be able to function within testing each area effectively.
The role requires an overarching understanding of various technologies and development languages as well as a solid understanding of the business infrastructure and architecture, enabling them to provide hands on guidance relating to the evaluation, R&D and implementation as part of solution design and implementation of the framework application.
The Technical Lead, Test Automation will report directly to the Senior Manager of Testing and Quality Assurance.
- Support and execute on the enterprise and program level test automation strategy.
- Design, Develop and Operationalize the Test Automation framework for Mobile, Web and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) Testing.
- Setup Devops Process and tasks for QA, Operationalize the same as well as guide the QA Team in Dev Ops Adoption.
- Responsible for ensuring test automation coding standards are in place.
- Perform code reviews, static analysis to ensure highest quality of test automation code.
- Maintain and automate test data management strategy for test automation.
- Setup, Maintain and Administer the Testing Tools (Like HP UFT, HP ALM, SOAP UI, Atlassian Suite).
- Design and setup the Performance Engineering framework.
- Design, build and develop custom in house tools to support the testing team. Use coding skills to implement test automation, utilities and accelerators.
- Drive delivery excellence by providing governance and continuous improvement, thereby generating high quality outcomes.
- Develop, maintain and communicate (stakeholder presentation) delivery status, KPI and metric scorecards, quality checks and knowledge management solutions.
- Perform automation and tool assessment and present roadmap as needed.
- Guide testing teams with technical challenges with respect to coding or scripting.
- Participate in weekly test team meetings to provide status updates.
- Develop and maintain good professional working relationships, both internal and external to the QA team (i.e. Development, Infrastructure, Data Warehouse, Architecture etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
- 8+ years of experience with SDLC and TDLC
- Prior working experience in a Dev-Ops environment (1+ years)
- 5+ years' experience in a test automation/developer role required
- 2+ years proven experience with manual testing experience and knowledge
- Professional Certification
- Technical QA Certifications around HP UFT, IBM Rational, HP ALM, Selenium, Appium etc. good to have
- Industry recognized Java/Java Script Certification good to have
- Strong development/Scripting background (Java, Java Script, VB, Python etc.)
- Hands on automation and working in Agile/DevOps environment experience
- Experience in framework development for continuous testing
- Expertise in building a roadmap and approach for testing in DevOps environment
- Experience in Technologies – Java, Java Script HTML, CSS
- ESB, ETL, XML & SQL DB experience
- Experience with Performance engineering framework and tools such as SOASTA, LOADRUNNER etc.
- Strong Working experience with Services, APIs and tools like SOAP UI, Parasoft etc.
- Experience with building automation frameworks
- Experience with tools like:
- Continuous Delivery - Maven, Jenkins, JIRA, Puppet, Eclipse, Sonar, Cucumber, FitNesse, Git/SVN, or similar
- Selenium & Appium
- Perfecto Mobile/Device Anywhere or similar
- QTP, UFT & VBA Automation
- Defect Management - HP ALM/QC, JIRA
- Jenkins and Bamboo and Ansible
- Maven and TestNg
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the larger team
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment
- Able to train, mentor and share knowledge in both individual and group settings
- Excellent ability to prioritize tasks and manage time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have full comprehension of English, including excellent speaking and writing skills
The Technical Lead, Test Automation will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.