Client Business Support (CBS) is a client focused processing department that enables the bank to demonstrate that a virtual bank can offer superior client experience by efficiently and effectively delivering on the promises made to our clients. The CBS department is made up of several teams; each team plays a unique role in providing support for both Deposit/Chequing and Lending products. The following teams along with their specialized focus is what makes Client Business Support an integral piece of our organization:
- Account Opening
- Registered Products, Statements and Year- End
- Mutual Funds and Cannex
- Quality Assurance
Overall, Client Business Support is committed to delivering a 'Wow' experience…while we do not speak directly with our clients…we make sure we deliver on promises made to our clients!
The Quality Assurance Analyst of Deposits, Level 1 is responsible for monitoring, evaluating, and recommending improvements, while ensuring Tangerine policies and procedures are followed for our Deposit products. The role’s key function is the identification, measurement, monitoring and mitigation of the department’s non-financial risk exposure. The Quality Assurance Analyst will report directly to the Manager of Business Compliance.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of Deposit transactions as it relates to accuracy.
- Document quality issues and performance measures for management review.
- Provide information to assist in the feedback and coaching process of individuals processing all transactions, client request completion and the collection of appropriate supporting documentation.
- Developing timely and meaningful reports and assessments.
- Independently validate and verify various deposit departmental processes.
- Assist in the design of the quality assurance checklists in conjunction with staff and management.
- Maintain current knowledge of all Tangerine systems, policies, processes and guidelines; including industry developments to effectively identify measure, monitor and mitigate risk.
- Identify and minimize obstacles that challenge individual and team performance, critically important to diagnose and analyze problems.
- Recommendations for improvements to policies or processes based on quality assurance trends and analysis.
- Input to any redesign of the Tangerine Policies and Procedures for deposit accounts manuals.
- Continuous contact throughout the day with departmental management and line staff.
- Communicating and providing feedback at various levels in enhancing processes and procedures.
- Ability to lead projects independently.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree in Business discipline is an asset
- 3-5 years of financial services industry related experience in a banking environment
- Specialized Knowledge
- Sound understanding of deposit products and in-depth knowledge of applicable guidelines
- Knowledge of lending products is considered an asset
- Project management skills
- French language skills would also be considered an asset
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making
- Proficient problem solving skills
- Demonstrates personal motivation by displaying initiative identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a busy and constantly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task concurrent activities while meeting deliverables and timelines
- Ability to build strong relationships and work effectively at all levels
- Conveys an inspirational Tangerine vision and strategy
- Builds high performing Tangerine teams
- Acts as a team player
- Results oriented
- Focuses on the customer
- Committed to self-development
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Detail oriented accuracy and quality
- Professional proficiency in all aspects of the business
- Handles stress, demonstrating patience, sensitivity and courtesy with all staff
- Works well as part of team by offering assistance to others within the group
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Quality Assurance Analyst, Deposits, Level 1, will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.