Client Business Support (CBS) is a client focused processing department that enables the bank to demonstrate that a virtual bank can offer superior client experience by efficiently and effectively delivering on the promises made to our clients. The CBS department is made up of several teams; each team plays a unique role in providing support for both Deposit/Chequing and Lending products. The following teams along with their specialized focus is what makes Client Business Support an integral piece of our organization:
- Account Opening
- Registered Products, Statements and Year- End
- Mutual Funds and Cannex
- Quality Assurance
Overall, Client Business Support is committed to delivering a 'Wow' experience. While we do not speak directly with our clients, we make sure we deliver on promises made to our clients!
This position involves the timely and prudent assessment of all new mortgage/Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOC)/Credit applications and increases to existing mortgages/HELOC/Credit and the effective and prompt review and verification of all documentation received for pending mortgage applications to ensure accuracy and legitimacy in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures. It must be ensured that a consistent quality of service is delivered to the Bank’s customers (including Mortgage Account Managers (MAM), end borrowers and internal Tangerine departments). The Lending Analyst will report directly to the Manager of Lending.
- Maintaining the service levels in underwriting and sometimes fulfillment:
- Client Service
- Turnaround times
- Operate as a contact for MAMs.
- Analyzing and strong decision making on mortgage / HELOC/ Credit applications.
- Ensure that all Tangerine Credit Policies are followed.
- Assist other team members to meet service levels.
- Trained to effectively and promptly assess and adjudicate on new mortgage/ HELOC/ Credit applications.
- Sound, effective and prompt assessment and decision making on new mortgage/ HELOC/ Credit applications including the review of any additional information or documentation sought/received.
- Sound, effective and prompt review and verification of all documentation received for pending mortgage/HELOC/Credit applications to ensure accuracy and legitimacy.
- Assessment of any additional information sought/received within service agreements.
- Conduct necessary documentation.
- To ensure all transactions are completed with accuracy, this is done by paying attention to detail.
- Customer Service levels are met relating to e-mails, phone messages and fax enquiries, this is done by ensuring all e-mails, phone messages and fax enquiries are responded to within 2 hours.
- Hold or ability to hold a delegated lending authority as issued by Risk Management.
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy and consistency in document verification.
- Meeting defined service standards and turnaround times.
- Managing a busy workflow while maintaining a high level of accuracy and meeting define service standard.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with MAMs.
- Liaise with the Funding department to ensure all final documents are received, validated and complete.
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy and consistency in credit decisions.
- Assist in solution management dedicated to providing to positive work environment, fostering teamwork, growth and high team morale.
- Support CBS Leader, Underwriting as required.
- Liaising with different arrears of the department and developing relationships to ensure that job is done.
- Suggestions on process flow improvement.
- Clarification of data provided.
- Track daily volume on daily tasks.
- Keep abreast of all Lending Standards, Credit Policies, Guidelines and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree in Business discipline is an asset
- Completion or enrollment in related courses
- Minimum 3-5 years of mortgage underwriting experience is required
- Specialized Knowledge
- Excellent understanding of the Mortgage product, both Tangerine specific as well as from the market in general
- Have detailed knowledge of all Lending Credit Policies, Guidelines and Procedures
- Be fully knowledgeable and staying current with respect to all Tangerine Bank products, services, policies and procedures
- Professional proficiency in all aspects of the business
- Basic administrative knowledge and skills in documentation required to meet lending guidelines
- Technical Skills
- Computer literate, knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities
- Proficient customer service and sales skills including ability to discuss product options and features within company guidelines
- Good organizational skills
- Effective and efficient time management
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The Lending Analyst, Level 4 will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.