The Marketing department ensures that our brand image is what we want it to be with Canadians. The department is made up of the following teams:
- Creative Services
- Content & Writing Services
- Marketing Insights
- Marketing Projects & Operations
- MARCOM Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
The Senior Manager – Brand and New Client Acquisition is accountable for developing brand awareness, consideration and conversion through the management of Tangerine’s communication strategies through the purchase funnel. The Senior Manager works with internal and external stakeholders to set the communications strategy and execute initiatives to meet marketing key performance indicators. The role will oversee the relationship with the media external agency partner along with leading internal resources to ensure that Tangerine objectives are met and within budget. The ideal candidate will be a leader in the digital media and advertising space coupled with traditional media expertise and have extensive experience working with large-scale budgets and producing exceptional results.
- Owns and develops media strategy and budget for all brand and acquisition communications – leading the development, approval and execution of media plan including traditional, digital, and emerging reach mediums across the funnel (top to bottom)
- Responsible for delivering plan to drive new client acquisition including all media components to achieve new client growth and revenue targets
- Responsible for delivering activation strategy for Tangerine – engaging new clients and encouraging loyalty
- Ownership of forecasts and key performance indicators for brand awareness (unaided awareness, familiarity), brand consideration and new client acquisition with ongoing performance monitoring/sharing and development of action plans to bridge any gaps
- Leads, coaches and develops team responsible for building strategies to achieve growth targets for brand (awareness, consideration levels) and acquisition (new clients, revenue).
- Drive movement to real-time, agile marketing organization for all execution working with other senior members of the Marketing team
- Acts as the primary relationship manager for the media external partner, providing education, guidance, and direction on all media related matters. Inform media agency bonus and quarterly reviews.
- Collaborate on the strategic development of the marketing plan/calendar with Senior Manager – Growth & Retention Marketing as well as Product leaders
- Instilling a test & learn mindset internally and externally with partners
- Communicate media plans and activities to relevant internal (e.g. marketing, contact centers) and external stakeholders (e.g. other agency partners) to ensure understanding and appropriate next steps
- Ensure that media opportunities are aligned with the Tangerine brand
- Accountable for leveraging internal and external resources to optimize the media mix using internal and external media performance data
- Accountable for overall media budget and overall acquisition budget including incentives – ensuring regular reconciliations and communications of changes
- Recommend opportunities to enhance Tangerine’s brand awareness/consideration and share of voice metrics versus competition
- Provide ongoing leadership/direction during weekly review sessions with internal taskforce and external media teams; ongoing reviews of internal dashboards, agency dashboards and metrics on individual campaigns;
- Provide developmental support to direct reports through coaching, experiential learning, educational opportunities, etc.
- Embraces and ensures execution of Tangerine’s promises and leadership competencies
- University Degree in Marketing/Advertising and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years in marketing with leadership experience in a demanding digital-oriented Tier-1 organization (e.g. Telco, Banking, Retail, Technology etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of building and leading high performing teams in a digital media (i.e. online, mobile, social etc.) and traditional mass media (i.e. TV, Radio, Outdoor, Print etc.)
- Specialized Knowledge
- In depth understanding of media principles, best practices, creative development, planning and buying functions.
- In depth understanding of digital media ecosystem
- Strong knowledge of media research, trafficking, tracking and reporting processes.
- Excellent communication, analytical, negotiation, presentation, and collaboration skills
The Senior Manager, Brand Communications and Acquisition will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Management Compliance accountabilities:
All managers and above at Tangerine are responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
Tangerine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.