The Manager is a member of the Strategy Team. The incumbent will support the design, implementation, and management of the Bank’s loyalty program, including any key initiatives and partnerships, to drive brand awareness, consideration and new client acquisition.
The Manager will play a key role to work cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders. This includes supporting the Senior Manager to develop a program for Tangerine, while navigating the unique challenges presented by the loyalty program sector and Canadian banking landscape.
The incumbent will thoroughly understand and communicate stakeholder requirements, partner collaboratively to manage work flow and project team activities, communicate project progress and changes, and manage all requirements accordingly to realize objectives for each of the stakeholders.
This position will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Loyalty Program & Initiatives.
FOCUS OF PROGRAM DIRECTOR:
- Establish Strategic Roadmap and Lead Program Design
- Program Delivery and Deployment, Change Control, Risk Management, Issue Management
- Support the development of innovative strategies to inform the program design, capitalize on competitive opportunities, and deliver against the Bank’s corporate objectives.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, objectives and deliverables, business requirements documents, budget proposals and technical specifications documents.
- Engage and work with key stakeholders cross-functionally to vet, develop and execute new opportunities.
- Strong ability to lead the creative and design process across multiple internal and external partners by providing leadership and strategic direction.
- Facilitate development of the loyalty program value proposition and manage project execution against the program’s approved budget and timelines.
- Support all aspects of Issue Management including identification, development of an action plan to address the issue, and managing the issue through to successful conclusion.
- Assist in the identification and cultivation of new partnership/new business development opportunities to support Tangerine’s growth strategy.
- Track and analyze business results to identify key trends, and develop strategies to mitigate against challenges or capitalize on opportunities.
- Manage partners to continuously review results and optimize performance against objectives. Monitor progress and facilitate preparation of regular status reports against key business KPI’s and project milestones.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with key stakeholders, acting as a consultant, communicating key loyalty program objectives, ensuring executive mandates are represented in cross-functional activities, project managing related activities and providing ad hoc support to deliver on identified opportunities.
- Lead and refine ongoing channel analysis and monitoring to uncover best channels to drive engagement and program utilization.
OPERATIONAL & LEADERSHIP ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Propose new initiatives and loyalty partnerships to support Tangerine’s strategic plan and align with the organization’s growth objectives (financial and client oriented).
- Accountable and responsible for forecasting, preparing, and managing scope of project within defined and approved budgets.
- Develop and maintain initiative status reports and timelines as well as regular KPI reporting post-launch.
- Management of procurement, risk process as part of evaluation process for new initiatives and partnerships.
- Accountable for managing performance against key program and Bank KPI’s and sharing results with key stakeholders.
- Able to influence and facilitate working sessions within a cross-functional team including multiple reporting levels, diverse skill sets, and internal/external stakeholders.
- Embrace and ensure communication and accountability related to Tangerine’s promises and leadership competencies.
- Strategic thinking who listens carefully to understand challenge(s) and then looks to lead and collaborate on developing the most effective solutions.
- Organize and facilitate regular meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, test & learn elements, and other delivery and execution related meetings.
- Excel at understanding complex technical information and translating it into relevant business terms & concepts. This includes leveraging the incumbent’s superior analytical, troubleshooting, and problem resolution skills.
- Bring energy and passion for the business.
- MBA degree or equivalent Marketing experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Marketing, CRM, or Loyalty role driving new customer acquisition.
- Strategic thinking ability and passion for bringing new ideas to life (beyond status quo).
- Results focused – incumbent will have a passion for metrics and lives and breathes KPIs, has a deep understanding of the value of test & learn, and will push for continual optimization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Strong team player who can build bridges between various partners and teams.
- Superior business case experience preferred.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Previous experience working with external partners and vendor management.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
*****Tangerine is an Equal Opportunity Employer*****