The Loyalty Program Senior Manager is a member of the Strategy Team. The incumbent will be responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the Bank’s loyalty program, including key initiatives and partnerships, to drive brand awareness, consideration and new client acquisition.
Leveraging their loyalty expertise, the incumbent will deliver upon these objectives by leading cross-functional teams consisting of internal partners, all key stakeholders, as well as external agencies and vendors. The Senior Manager will leverage their expertise to identify and manage the necessary success factors, establish KPI’s, and ensure delivery aligns with executive expectations.
This position will be reporting to the Director, Strategy and Planning.
FOCUS OF PROGRAM DIRECTOR:
- Establish the Bank’s Loyalty Strategy and Oversee the Implementation of the Loyalty Program
- Ensure the Loyalty Program Aligns with the Bank’s Strategic Direction and Corporate Objectives
- Lead the development and evolution of an innovative loyalty strategy to expand Tangerine’s brand awareness and meet or exceed annual client acquisition and engagement targets.
- Leverage expertise in Loyalty program development to establish the Bank’s medium and long-term Loyalty roadmap. This includes identifying the required capabilities, initiatives, innovation, and change support necessary to deliver against the roadmap.
- Ensure project scope, objectives and deliverable milestones and experience align with executive expectations and will support or exceed the Bank’s corporate targets.
- Establish and secure cross-functional support for the development of loyalty program value proposition and own full accountability for the program’s P&L.
- Play a leadership role in the identification and cultivation of new partnership/new business development opportunities to support Tangerine’s growth strategy
- Create, implement and manage strategies to deliver best in class loyalty experience utilizing marketing principles and facilitate shared learning among key partners.
- Partner closely with Strategic Sourcing and Legal stakeholders in vendor selection and contract negotiation processes.
- Lead the presentation and discussion of key recommendations to members of Tangerine’s executive leadership team. This includes demonstrating a strong ability to influence a variety of audiences to new points of view.
- Establish clear KPI’s (new client acquisition, engagement, NPS, etc.) and ensure appropriate tracking of results is in place.
OPERATION & LEADERSHIP ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Able to provide guidance and effectively lead a cross-functional team environment that will include many reporting levels and varying skills/competencies.
- Bring energy and passion to champion Tangerine’s customer-focused culture while providing strong support to multiple stakeholders.
- Ensure new initiatives and loyalty partnerships support Tangerine’s strategic plan and align with the organization’s growth objectives (financial and client oriented).
- Provide project management guidance and expertise to direct reports and project team, including Issue Management tactics and support.
- Accountable for ensuring project scope and milestones are delivered within the defined and approved budgets.
- Ensure alignment and impact to the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture as part of the development and evaluation of new initiatives and partnerships.
- Accountable for managing performance metrics and sharing results with the Bank’s executive leadership team.
- Adept in leading and managing multiple and complex multi-faceted business initiatives.
- Embrace and ensure communication and accountability related to Tangerine’s promises and leadership competencies.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Demonstrates superior leadership skills in leading a cross-functional team, including 1-2 direct reports, to establish and manage new loyalty initiatives and partnerships for Tangerine.
- Minimum 7 years of Marketing, CRM, and/or Loyalty experience, bringing program development and management expertise; MBA degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a Partnership/Sponsorship or Business Development role.
- Superior communication and leadership skills.
- Strategic thinking ability and passion for bringing new ideas to life (beyond status quo).
- Superior project management abilities, with a strong track record of taking a project successfully from concept to launch.
- Extensive experience working with external partners and vendor management.
- Strong planning and management skills.
*****Tangerine is an Equal Opportunity Employer*****