The Marketing department ensures that our brand image is what we want it to be with Canadians. The department is made up of the following teams:
- Creative Services
- Content & Writing Services
- Marketing Insights
- Marketing Projects & Operations
- MARCOM Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
The Senior Manager, Growth, Retention and Activation is responsible for developing the Client Centric Growth & Retention strategy across all client segments and product lines. Working closely with counterparts in Client Insights and various Product teams, this person will develop forecasts and communication plans to achieve Retention & Growth key performance indicators. Leveraging data-driven decisions and sophisticated analytic insights (e.g. profiling and segmentation), the Senior Manager will drive a test and learn approach to grow and retain Clients at Tangerine with a client-centric lens. The successful candidate will possess strong strategic, financial and business acumen along with a proven track record for helping a Tier One organization grow and retain Clients through marketing communications efforts.
- Owns and leads the strategic development and execution of a comprehensive marketing plan that supports the mandate for growth and retention to achieve client and product level goals (eg. Cross-sell, revenue etc) and continuously identify, evaluate and test new channels, strategies and tactics
- Ownership of forecasts and key performance indicators for all existing client retention & growth communications with ongoing performance monitoring/sharing and development of action plans to bridge any gaps
- Leads, coaches and develops team responsible for building strategies to achieve growth targets for client cross-sell as well as individual product key performance indicators (ie. Revenue, profit, retention rates etc)
- Oversees development of annual promotional roadmaps, offer strategies and incentive budgets while balancing needs a Client-centric lens; Collaborates with Senior Manager Brand & Acquisition as well as Product leaders aligning on annual plans
- Recommend annual marketing budget for all client communications including external media, direct response communications and client incentives
- Partner cross-functionally within Marketing, Client experience, Client insights, Product Management, Service & Sales, etc. to effectively execute growth and retention focused communications and analyze their success
- Instilling a test & learn mindset internally with cross-functional partners and externally with agency partners
- Lead communications of client communications roadmap and prioritization to all internal marketing and cross-functional partners to ensure strategic alignment and prioritization
- Collaborate with media team to understand media opportunities to optimize client awareness, consideration and conversion testing new mediums (eg. Search retargeting, Social retargeting etc).
- Drive movement to real-time, agile marketing organization for all execution working with other senior members of the Marketing team
- Collaborate on marketing strategies to grow the business based on solid analysis, Client behavior, purchase propensity, channel optimization, profiling & segmentation to drive message relevance.
- Provide ongoing leadership/direction during regular performance review sessions with internal taskforces; ongoing reviews of internal dashboards, agency dashboards and metrics on individual campaigns;
- Provide developmental support to direct reports through coaching, experiential learning, educational opportunities, etc.
- Embraces and ensures execution of Tangerine’s promises and leadership competencies
- Review/Approve retention campaign briefs, experiment with a wide array of ever-changing digital and traditional mediums and develop methods to understand and improve communication effectiveness
- Ensure Tangerine remains in compliance, and is aware of all banking/regulatory requirements, amendments and responsibilities.
- Establish trusted collaborative working relationships with other members of the Tangerine Marketing Team
- University Degree in Marketing/Advertising and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years in marketing with leadership experience in a demanding digital-oriented Tier-1 organization (e.g. Telco, Banking, Retail, Technology etc.)
- Minimum 5-7 years of strategic marketing communications experience including direct response (traditional email/direct mail and digital)
- Specialized Knowledge
- Relevant Investments/Wealth and/or credit card marketing experience would be an asset
- Strong communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
The Senior Manager, brand Communications and Acquisition will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Management compliance accountabilities:
All managers and above at Tangerine are responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
Tangerine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.