The Senior IT Financial Analyst is a technical position that reports to the Senior Manager of IT Finance. The incumbent implements financial controls of the IT Department to determine whether activities are performed in accordance with corporate procurement/compliance policies and applicable statutes, rules and regulations. Senior IT Financial Analyst provides support through handling tasks that gather cost and budget data, assemble and produce financial reports and any other tasks that assist in the IT Financial Management process. The Senior IT Financial Analyst provides necessary support to the IT department as well as Finance, Procurement and other business lines if required.
- Collaborates with IT staff and Finance teams to ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Provides financial information to IT Management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports, making presentations of findings, analyses and recommendations.
- Build and develops IT cost models, forecast monthly IT rollout budget.
- Analyzes and breaks down IT infrastructure and development costs into relevant components and categories.
- Gathers and analyses cost and budget data, and assists in preparing the annual IT Budget.
- Assist in developing cost/benefit cases for IT investments.
- Assist with internal/external audits when required.
- Maintains a high level of proficiency with respect to technical, financial and industry sector developments, to ensure that Tangerine is well positioned in the marketplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- Professional accounting designation “CPA or CMA” required
- 6+ years of related experience in the Finance fields
- Must have previous experience in Information Technology
- Must have previous experience in Risk Management, Compliance and IT Finance
- Must have previous experience in a financial institution
- Demonstrated experience in supporting Information Technology from financial viewpoint
- Specialized Knowledge
- Good knowledge of budgetary management and accounting principles and procedures
- Technical Skills
- Advanced capabilities and experience in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, SharePoint)
- Experience in using financial software such as Khalix, Basware and others
- Skilled in creating financial modelling for cost reporting and budgeting
- Ability to multi-task concurrent initiatives while meeting deliverables and timelines
- Willingness to take on challenges and be adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the larger team
- Excellent communication skills to deal effectively with peers, management and all business contacts.
The Senior IT Financial Analyst will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal ooprtunity employer.