Service and Sales is one the main avenues of non-technical contact for Canadians with Tangerine. Whether Clients choose to reach out by phone, email or chat, we are here to support their needs. The Contact Centre is located in Toronto and Moncton and has well over 300 employees collectively. Our frontline Agents drive business forward by listening to what our Clients (and prospective) Clients need. This human element has been a key differentiator for Tangerine since the virtual doors opened and still is today.
The Senior Manager of Planning Execution and Governance reports directly to the Director of Resource Planning, Telephony and Communications. The Senior Manager of Planning Execution and Governance is responsible for leading the following functional areas:
- Accountable for Strategic guidance, tactical management and execution of the department’s activities of:
- Intraday Management and Service Level goals
- Scheduling Optimization and Effectiveness
- Medium to short term Planning and Forecasting and FTE requirements across all department
- Lead the development of strategic roadmap, initiatives, proposals and recommendations and provide inputs to long-range workforce plans by developing recommendations and coordination of initiatives and governance.
- Lead communication, to increase awareness of Call Centre practices and processes.
- Partner Management including campaign coordination and product maintenance.
- Manage change leadership for the function as it continually adapts to new technology and other approaches to support the delivery of a world class customer service experience. A third key component of the role is to organize incentive schemes and strategies that align with business goals.
- Maintain business relationships with all areas within Tangerine to ensure a consistent communication channel is maintained to aid in providing the most timely and accurate communications.
The Senior Manager of Planning Execution and Governance will lead the following positions: Manager Workforce planning, Capacity Planning and Optimization Lead, Manager of Knowledge Management, and Communication and Incentive.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to understand the Service implications of their business strategies and tactical campaigns.
- Support the development of communications strategies that motivate Associates to deliver on customer service and sales goals.
- Work with internal and external technology partners to optimize the steering of Client contacts to the most efficient and effective Service delivery channel/resource.
- Foster cross departmental relationships to strengthen information flow and coordination of business activities.
- Responsible for the management of all scheduling and medium to long term capacity/FTE requirements across all channels.
- Through effective leadership, ensure scheduling principles adherence, utilize business tools and methods to maximize operational and cost effectiveness.
- Oversee the administration of the standardized scheduling effort across all portfolios. Implement a coherent, comprehensive approach to minimize error and potential duplication of effort.
- Preparing departmental performance dashboards and presenting during quarterly business reviews.
- Consult with users to develop and execute training and communication, to increase awareness of Call Centre practices and processes.
- Analyze statistics and make recommendations on staffing demand and provide analysis relating to performance of initiatives and identify opportunities for efficiency and effectiveness to forecast capacity requirements.
- Analyze customer behavior and use of the routing models and treatment plans to develop call volume forecasts and trending based on customer behavior.
- Responsible for scoping impacts and escalating conflicts in timing of activities associated with the launch of new or changed product, marketing and sales initiatives.
- Proactively monitors and identifies business trends and progress of key performance indicators taking full accountability for maintaining the governance and internal/external communication structures.
- Leverage contact routing parameter, channel management, Interaction design and IVR flows to enhance operational and contact centre efficiencies.
- Build governance and execution plans in deploying Service resources to address projected Service demand.
- Real time management of Service levels via intra-day analysts.
- Solicit campaign details from Product and Marketing departments to quantify the Service demand impacts of all business building initiatives.
- Conduct performance assessments with reports at least semi-annually.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Business Administration or equivalent training or work experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the service industry, understanding call center operations
- At least 5 years in a management role
- Specialized Knowledge
- Understanding of workforce management fundamentals
- Technical Skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Understanding of telephony fundamentals
- Excellent understanding of Contact Centre Metrics
- Ability to develop and motivate teams and individuals
- Proficient leadership skills
- Proficient written and verbal communication including presentation skills
The Senior Manager, Planning Execution and Governance will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.