Product Management develops exceptional products that are consistent with the Bank’s mission and strategy, and delivers great experiences for our clients. Specifically, the Product Management team builds value propositions to deliver against a competitive product roadmap, manages the profitability and usability of our existing suite of offerings, and partners with key departments to ensure an exceptional client experience.
The Manager of Deposit Performance Optimization leads strategic thought leadership and analysis to the Deposit Business, translating performance insights into recommendations for action. The incumbent will lead a team of professionals to develop, implement and monitor key performance metrics related to the deposit portfolio and Client behavior. Acting as a conduit between the Finance, Client Insights, and Data Science and Analytics Teams, the Manager will proactively identify key trends and opportunities, providing strategic recommendations to enhance portfolio franchise value and Bank profitability, while supporting the Everyday Banking strategy. The incumbent will possess strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, complemented by excellent business acumen, and a strategic mindset to problem solving; in addition to technical proficiency, the incumbent will possess thorough knowledge of the Canadian Deposit Market, Deposit products, competitor portfolios and tactics for growth. The incumbent will also possess broad understanding of treasury / risk assessment techniques for assessing Deposit portfolio franchise value, and implications for FTP treatment of deposit products.
The Manager, Performance Optimization, Deposits reports directly to the Senior Manager, Product Performance (Deposits).
- Manage the professional learning and development of the Deposit Performance Optimization Team, both on an individual and collective basis
- Establish and manage a framework for efficient delivery of key outputs, including regular scheduled and ad-hoc reporting, and summary performance packages for Executive audiences; continuously seek to develop new ways to optimize the efficiency of the framework, improving performance reporting and the value of information
- Lead the Deposit Performance Optimization Team in developing an integrated system of benchmarks to monitor portfolio performance; continuously evolve metrics based on changing data and reporting capabilities
- Lead collaborative initiatives with other departments, including Finance, Data Science and Analytics, and Marketing, to expand current analysis and insights on deposit business performance; strategically source materials from these organizational partners, and third-party research, using integrative IQ to consider how the Team can further provide support for the Everyday Strategy
- Interpret customer trends, relevant to the deposits business, and proactively identify new strategic opportunities for growth; summarize and share findings with the broader Deposit Product Team, key organizational partners, and Senior Management
- Develop volume growth and retention tactics, considering operational impact and resource requirements; track results of initiatives (e.g. new product launches, pricing re-alignments) and pro-actively re-calibrate current practices to maximize impact
- Act as key steward of the Deposits P&L, and provide strategic recommendations on re-calibration of current business practices to optimize net interest income
- Liaise with key stakeholders around the Bank, as well as Bank of Nova Scotia, to establish permanent working relationships and facilitate seamless implementation of integrated initiatives
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Finance or Mathematics
- 3+ years financial services experience
- Specialized Knowledge
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen
- Technical Skills
- Robust understanding of Deposit and Bank P&L
- Strong knowledge and understand of the Deposit Business, macro-economic trends, and evolving Client trends
- Strategic mind set, with ability to translate findings into recommendations
- Builds High Performing Teams
- Committed to Self-Development and continuous learning of self, reports and colleagues
- Inspirational: acts as a ‘role model’ for the Tangerine Vision and Strategy
- Results Oriented
- Strong Client Focus
- Strategic Thinker
- Proven leadership ability, including influencing and mentoring others
- Excellent communication, presentation and business writing skills
The Manager, Performance Optimization, Deposits will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Management Compliance accountabilities:
All managers and above at Tangerine are responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer