The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems.
The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
Working with an advanced level of expertise, the Senior Manager, Business Analysis (BA) will build, develop and lead a team of Business Analysts to work collaboratively with business and/or IT leaders (at the Senior Manager level and above) to drive excellence in requirements gathering, information management and business analysis, and providing proactive project delivery support.
The Senior Manager is responsible for leading the team to deliver business solutions across the enterprise (bank wide) and will have accountability for establishing and implementing the Business Analysis team roadmaps, as well as the strategic and operational plans in alignment with the overall objectives of the organization.
The Senior Manager, BA reports directly to the VP of IT Development.
- Manages a team of Business Analysts in all activities, including coaching and educating the team on best practices, requirements gathering process, story creation, use case development, and business/functional requirements management.
- Responsible for allocation, utilization and development of the Business Analysts to help achieve both personal and organizational objectives.
- Leading and developing the team to provide a high level of professional service to clients (both internal and external), by understanding their business needs. This includes keeping abreast of emerging industry and technology trends, active involvement in the initiation and presentation of project and business analysis capability improvement ideas.
- Ensuring the Business Analysis team provide deliverables that are clearly, accurately and thoroughly documented and understood for both system and process changes.
- Coach and mentor the team through the project process, in developing and maintaining user stories, BRD’s, requirements traceability matrices, and other project deliverables.
- Responsible for developing, refining and driving BA best practices with the end state of enabling IT to deliver with velocity on business requirements while ensuring alignment to design, development, deployment practices and operation of Tangerine’s enterprise infrastructure services.
- Ensure solutions align with not only the strategic direction of the organization, but also improves operational efficiency, reduces operating risk and delivers quality service. This is accomplished through developing an in-depth understanding of both the strategic direction of the organization as well as the current IT and business systems and architectures
- Promotes creative thinking to evolving and changing business needs, thereby driving optimization opportunities to simplify and advance current solutions and reduce solutions complexities with the end result of improving the enterprise velocity
- Drives the continuous improvement of Tangerine’s business analysis and project delivery capability, spanning people, processes, methods, tools and technologies.
- Developing a sound knowledge of Tangerine’s systems, external vendor processes and tools and of current processes and procedures affecting the development and operation of these business and technical systems.
- Working with other Tangerine IT team members and external stakeholders to improve the quality of project practices consistent with overall Tangerine strategic and operational objectives.
- Act as a partner to the PMO intake process by refining and providing internal consulting to the business around, but not limited to: new business case assessment, projects for impact and feasibility analysis
- Establish and cultivate strong business relationships with peers, management and other internal stakeholders to understand and translate business strategies/requirements and identify appropriate solutions which will deliver on objectives
- Researches, analyzes and documents issues, delivering recommendations for improvement and/or solutions to processes, procedures and systems
- Meets scheduled department and organizational milestones to ensure project/program objectives/deliveries are met in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership to BA and PM teams to facilitate and guide the timely and accurate completion of projects and enhancements.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5-10 years of business or operational analysis experience with at least 5 years in a management level position
- Completion of post-secondary business/ technology/systems or related area degree is required, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in the financial services industry is preferred
- Demonstrated business analysis leadership and experience in large, cross-functional enterprise projects within a fast paced environment is required
- Active participation and in depth knowledge of the International Institute for Business Analysis (IIBA) BABOK (BA Body of Knowledge) is considered an asset
- Direct project management experience and/or education is considered an asset
- Previous experience operating in an Agile environment / exposure to Agile methodologies is considered an asset
- Technical background is considered an asset
- Excellent skills in relationship and general business management
- Technical Skills
- Good understanding of banking business applications
- Keen interest in new and emerging technologies
- Possess business knowledge and experience (understanding of vision, financial objectives/how business functions and core processes interact/the strategic importance of projects, how they relate to Tangerine’s goals, how projects interact/impact of change and/or delays in projects)
- Proven ability to influence at the senior management level
- Ability to manage and develop a team of professionals
- Ability to act as a bridge between various stakeholders and IT to deliver business results
- Strategic thinking - Understands long term business strategies and can create infrastructure technology strategies aligned to them
- Ability to develop effective executive-level communications and presentation material
- Self-managed professional with the ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives under a minimal amount of supervision
- Has excellent team building and relationship management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and proven ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Is energetic, personable, and thrives in a dynamic environment.
The Senior Manager, Business Analysis will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
MANAGEMENT COMPLIANCE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
All managers and above at Tangerine are responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.