Product Management develops exceptional products that are consistent with the Bank’s mission and strategy, and delivers great experiences for our clients. Specifically, the Product Management team builds value propositions to deliver against a competitive product roadmap, manages the profitability and usability of our existing suite of offerings, and partners with key departments to ensure an exceptional client experience.
The Senior Deposit Performance Analyst plays a critical role in the strategic thought leadership, analysis and stewardship of Tangerine’s Deposit Business. The role predominantly focuses on medium term optimization of the Deposit portfolio, but the incumbent will also lead short-term strategic decision-making of growth tactics and pricing recommendations. The incumbent will possess strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, communication skills, complemented by solid business acumen and a strategic mindset to problem solving and portfolio optimization; in addition to technical proficiency, the incumbent will possess wide knowledge of the Canadian Deposit Market, competitor portfolios and tactics for growth. The incumbent will also possess broad understanding of treasury / risk assessment techniques for assessing Deposit portfolio franchise value, and implications for FTP treatment of deposit products. The Senior Deposit Performance Analyst reports directly to the Senior Manager of Deposit Performance Optimization.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of the key drivers of account, activity and balance growth, for Tangerine’s savings product lines
- Develop volume and lift estimates for both posted and promotional pricing changes to guide pricing decisions for Tangerine’s Deposit business across channels
- Support the development of volume targets and pricing strategy for the business
- Draft rate change proposals to be presented for consideration by Sr. Management
- Proactively prepare performance summaries for Sr. Management based on recent trends and performance anomalies, summarizing strategic considerations to strengthen Tangerine’s Deposit Business
- Liaise with key organizational partners, including the Client Insights Team and the Management Accounting Team, to triangulate performance reporting and discern key drivers of the Deposit Business
- Present performance summaries, and findings from ad-hoc analyses, to key stakeholders around the Bank in quarterly Deposit Strategy Discussions
- Deliver regular accurate volume activity, and account forecasts for Tangerine’s businesses both for the calendar year and for the medium term plan (MTP)
- Complete ad-hoc analysis to answer the key questions the business faces. This will generally include, quantitative analysis of results, identifying the key drivers of various patterns in volume, building comparisons that compensate for growth of the business, seasonal differences, etc., creating year over year or other comparisons that can be easily understood
- Proactively build and maintain regular detailed reports to augment existing dashboards, highlighting important trends in key deposit product lines
- Build presentations that will be used to share findings with the Deposit Product Team, Senior Management and key organizational partners
- Lead analysis of portfolio dynamics and implications for FTP treatment of Tangerine Deposit products; construct and apply proven approaches to evaluate portfolio stability, and forecast behaviour of specific deposit product categories
- Develop retention and win-back strategies for the Bank based on competitor promotions or anticipated reaction to Tangerine promotions
- Evaluate and recommend long-term strategic opportunities to increase sustainable inflow to the Savings portfolio
- Chair and set the agenda for Weekly Deposit Performance discussions, and engage relevant stakeholders for support on strategic presentation materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in math, database marketing or business.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience
- Previous database experience in the context of marketing or financial analytics
- Previous data modeling experience
- Specialized Knowledge
- Knowledge of proprietary databases & Warehouse structures
- Proficient understanding of the retail banking industry
- Proficient understanding of the Canadian Deposit Market, including key players, growth tactics, and relative strength of competitor portfolios
- Understanding of best practices and assessment of techniques for measuring long-term value of Deposit portfolios
- Technical Skills
- Strong database skills including experience with SAS (base SAS, enterprise guide, Enterprise Miner or similar tools)
- Strong MS access and excel skills – including excel regression functions
- Statistical analysis capability
- Ability to apply analytic learning to business/pricing strategy
- Ability to synthesis complex information clearly and simply. Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking capacity
- Excellent communication skills; ability to distill complex analyses to broad audience
- Strong focus on personal development
- Proactive nature to issue resolution and strategic thought leadership of the business
- Information gathering and research skills
- Strong Financial Analysis skills
- Networking and relationship management skills
- Project leadership skills
The Senior Deposit Performance Analyst will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.