The Tangerine Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the Tangerine FIU Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Program (AML/ATF). Tangerine Bank is subject to, and must comply with many Regulations promulgated by governments, regulators and self-regulating bodies. The Department is responsible for ensuring that Tangerine remains compliant with regulatory expectations as well as head office minimum standards. The Department is also responsible for ensuring adherence to sanctions regulations.
The Investigator, FIU is responsible for the investigation of activity which may be indicative of money-laundering or terrorist financing and the review of higher risk clients.
- Conduct comprehensive anti-money laundering and terrorist financing-related investigations
- Recommend and prepare regulatory filings.
- Identify and review Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) and other higher risk clients.
- Update and maintain accurate records of investigations, divestitures and regulatory filings in the case management system.
- Conduct review of alerts from the transaction monitoring and name screening systems
- Keep abreast of new and emerging trends, typologies, and changes to legislation.
- Ensure all obligations under the PCMLTFA are being upheld, including the identification and timely reporting of designated individuals as well as politically exposed persons.
- Serve as a resource and subject matter expert to train and support team members and other business units as required, providing guidance to develop and enhance the quality of reporting.
- Responsible for meeting all departmental and regulatory filing timelines.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal stakeholders and external parties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or Community College diploma in related field is an asset
- 2-5 years of experience conducting AML/ATF Investigations
- 5+ years of experience in law enforcement and/or banking industry
- Experience with AML systems
- Working knowledge of debit, credit and interact systems and processes.
- Knowledge of banking products and systems
- Professional Certification
- CAMS or equivalent designation is an asset
- Technical Skills
- French language skills would be an asset
- High degree of computer literacy
- Planning and problem solving skills are an asset
- Experience with Microsoft suites (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong investigative skills
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as a team with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where processes and procedures are constantly refined
- Ability to document client relationship reviews in a robust and effective manner
- Ability to focus on different tasks while not losing sight of multiple deadlines or compromising quality of work
The Investigator, FIU will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.