Client Business Support (CBS) is a client focused processing department that enables the bank to demonstrate that a virtual bank can offer superior client experience by efficiently and effectively delivering on the promises made to our clients.
The CBS department is made up of several teams; each team plays a unique role in providing support for both Deposit/Chequing and Lending products.
The following teams along with their specialized focus is what makes Client Business Support an integral piece of our organization:
- Account Opening
- Registered Products, Statements and Year- End
- Mutual Funds and Cannex
- Quality Assurance
Overall, Client Business Support is committed to delivering a 'Wow' experience. While we do not speak directly with our clients, we make sure we deliver on promises made to our clients!
The CBS Specialist, Account Support is a subject matter expert that has experience to provide thorough problem resolution as related to customer transactions generated by the Service and Sales, Café’s, mail-in, online applications and from various other departments, with an emphasis on quality and integrity of work, able to work independently within established timeframes.
The CBS Specialist, Account Support is accountable for execution of all reports resulted from Tangerine Fraud and AML inquires. The Account Support Team is responsible for the daily processing of updating all static data and maintenance items within the bank. This includes name changes, AML & Onboarding restriction removal, client authentication, bank verifications and AML Account closures.
The incumbent is expected to participate in projects and will represent the department as a subject matter expert as related to the specified functional area to complete all or part of the procedures, testing and/or training.
The position offers the incumbent an opportunity to utilize strong time management skills, led by example, able to participate in peer coaching and provide written feedback for documented reviews.
- Accountable for timely processing of daily TransUnion and Onboarding reports, FATCA applications, Tangerine Credit Card, Account Support escalation email inboxes, Client static data update (s) and verification (s), cheque items, Tangerine Shipping & Receiving, distribution of registered mail, and Mortgage document indexing
- Responsible to handle processing and complete all banking transactions that result from the Call Centre’s daily activities which include account maintenance, verifying information, entering data into the banking systems and client/account investigation
- Accountable for strict adherence to compliance and risk controls in accordance with policies, procedures and regulatory standards
- Accountable for screening new clients for Fraud or Anti Money Laundering concerns
- Process procedures in accordance to AML/ATF materials and manuals
- Participate in testing and development of training material as required by the business
- Responsible for the training/support of new associates
- Must be able to handle high volume of processing especially during peak periods
- Assist in investigation and escalated problem resolution, liaising with Team Leader and Call Centre including the CBS General Line
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing registered mail and courier
- Responsible for the distribution of all incoming and outgoing registered mail and courier
- Maintain adequate stock of office supplies and order as needed
- Responsible for all Mortgage document indexing
- Assist in solution management dedicated to providing a positive work environment, foster teamwork, and growth and maintaining high team morale
- Be fully knowledgeable with respect to Tangerine products, services, policies and procedures
- Contribute to the ongoing process improvements in the CBS Department
- Comply with the Tangerine Code of Conduct
- Resolve banking issues for clients, both internal and external
- Strong investigative skill set to be able to test and problem solve
- Update procedures and guidelines as new processes are introduced or changed
- Ability to answer questions and or provide overrides
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- 2-3 years of work related experience preferably in Financial Services
- Enrollment and completion of Targeted Selection course
- Enrollment and completion of Coaching to exceed course
- Professional Certification
- Knowledge of CPA rules on cheque clearing and MAND/AML legislation an asset
- Knowledge of Tangerine products, systems, policies and procedures an asset
- Knowledge of Visio processing mapping
- Technical Skills
- Proficiency in PC software – MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Visio processing mapping
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Bilingualism (French/ English) an asset
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively coach team members
- Consistently demonstrates positive approach to change and personal development
- Strong interpersonal and motivation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service and team building skills
- Detail oriented, requiring a high degree of accuracy
The Specialist, Account Support will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportnity employer.