Client Business Support (CBS) is a client focused processing department that enables the bank to demonstrate that a virtual bank can offer superior client experience by efficiently and effectively delivering on the promises made to our clients. The CBS department is made up of several teams; each team plays a unique role in providing support for both Deposit/Chequing and Lending products. The following teams along with their specialized focus is what makes Client Business Support an integral piece of our organization:
- Account Opening
- Registered Products, Statements and Year- End
- Mutual Funds and Cannex
- Quality Assurance
Overall, Client Business Support is committed to delivering a 'Wow' experience…while we do not speak directly with our clients…we make sure we deliver on promises made to our clients!
The Senior Analyst, Operational Capacity Planning is responsible for short and long term capacity planning and deployment of staff in Client Business Support (CBS) with the purpose of maintaining scalability and staffing flexibility while meeting service level agreements (SLAs). The incumbent must efficiently and effectively forecast and manage operational capacity on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. The incumbent must provide senior leadership with ongoing analysis of schedule optimization and productivity processes. The incumbent must work collaboratively with key stake holders to deliver structured reports regarding service level performance, productivity, absenteeism and headcount. The incumbent must also develop models and key metrics to measure the scalability of operations and provide leadership and other stakeholders with accurate and timely reports and forecasts. The Senior Analyst, Operational Capacity Planning will report directly to the Project Manager of Operations Excellence.
- Develop short, mid, and long term forecasting, resource planning and capacity analysis for all of CBS to ensure delivery of SLAs.
- Collaborate with and support key stakeholders when leveraging other resources across the bank.
- Accountable for modelling, strategic analysis of capacity drivers, productivity, workforce and workload optimization that will result in recommendations and solutions to all levels of management for CBS.
- Responsible for departmental budgeting/forecasting.
- Provide “out of the box” strategic and synergistic recommendations that will enhance both the needs of the business and the lifestyles CBS associates.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert regarding CBS capacity and staffing matters.
- Provide recommendations and support in planning for the senior management team, by providing forecasts and staffing requirements.
- Accountable and responsible for the development of shift requirements that support the evolving business needs, including recommendations that will have an impact on work-life balance.
- Responsible for the determination of the daily, monthly and annual vacation management within CBS.
- Provide analysis and reports on workload patterns by day of the week and week of the month as input into resource planning.
- Responsible for the reviewing and advising the leadership team on the impact of requested off-line activities that impact staffing levels SLAs (Team events).
- Manage, administer and leverage Workforce Management systems to efficiently and effectively deploy staff.
- Provide Business Critical weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting with an emphasis on expense and staffing optimization Key Performance Indicators.
- Provide short term schedule gap analysis, reporting and recommendations regarding issues that could impact KPI performance.
- Facilitate monthly information sharing meetings with the CBS leadership team, ensuring that the information gathered is disseminated effectively throughout the workforce management team.
- Develop and calibrate the CBS Annual Capacity Plan to understand resources required to support daily business activities and processes, projects and testing, audits, new initiatives and unplanned activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree in Business or equivalent work experience and training
- Minimum 5 years of experience in capacity planning and analytical roles
- Experience in capacity modelling and analytics
- Proficient in the administration and development of an automated scheduling system – Workforce Management software
- Advanced knowledge of Workforce Management Solutions
- Understanding of client processing areas preferred
- Highly proficient with a PC with an emphasis on Microsoft Office, including Access
- Knowledge of Sharepoint
- Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand the big picture
- Demonstrated capability in building and implementing capacity plans
- Strong business writing and presentation/verbal communication skills
- Naturally curious
- Strong self-starter
The Senior Analyst, Operational Capacity Planning will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.