Client Business Support (CBS) is a client focused processing department that enables the bank to demonstrate that a virtual bank can offer superior client experience by efficiently and effectively delivering on the promises made to our clients. The CBS department is made up of several teams; each team plays a unique role in providing support for both Deposit/Chequing and Lending products. The following teams along with their specialized focus is what makes Client Business Support an integral piece of our organization:
- Account Opening
- Registered Products, Statements and Year- End
- Mutual Funds and Cannex
- Quality Assurance
Overall, Client Business Support is committed to delivering a 'Wow' experience. While we do not speak directly with our clients, we make sure we deliver on promises made to our clients!
An Estates Account Manager’s (EAM) primary role is to guide clients through the Estates and Power of Attorney process. The EAM actively manages an assigned portfolio of Estates and Power of Attorney clients that have submitted Legal documentation to have their Estates settled/Power of Attorney designated. They are responsible for making the process seamless and easy for Executors to understand. The Estates Account Manager will be a “subject matter expert” for all processing and problem resolution as related Estates, Power of Attorney, Bankruptcy, Consumer Proposal, Requirement to Pay, Court Orders and other government issued client related requests. Key responsibilities include ensuring that all EAM’s are following processes and procedures when settling Estate and designate Power of Attorney. Ensures all client documentation is processed and assessed in both a prudent and timely fashion. Lead in testing and development of training material as required by the business. Participate in the hiring, training, coaching and development of Estates Account Managers. Provide support to departmental initiatives/projects as a SME. Using his/her strong communication skills, an Estates Account Manager Level 2 must have a full understanding of Tangerine’s policy, procedure and guidelines while thorough understanding of the various Estate, Power of Attorney and Government legal documentation with the emphasis on provincial and federal legislation. The Estates Account Manager, Level 2 will report directly to the Manager of Estates.
- Actively manage an assigned portfolio of Estates and Power of Attorney clients that have submitted Legal documentation to have their Estates settled/Power of Attorney designated.
- The Estates Account Manager (EAM) will have a skill set to process Estates that include Lending Products (mortgages, lines of credit, credits, and overdraft), Mutual Funds’ Investments, and Deposit (registered and unregistered) portfolios.
- Validate and sign off on Estate Account Manager decisions regarding Estate Settlements and Power of Attorney above $100,000.
- Authorized to make decisions with regards to estate settlement above $100,000; in accordance with the Processes and Procedures manual.
- Guide clients along the Estates settlement process by promptly communicating required documents and updates, setting expectations on next steps and being open and proactive to seeking alternative solutions.
- Review documents received by executor and Power Of Attorney to ensure that it meets all legal criteria to settle the Estate and designate Power of Attorney while maintaining a high level of accuracy and consistency in document verification.
- Act as a resource for questions or issues concerning Estates/POA policies and procedures to manage the Bank’s risk.
- Demonstrate effective call control and use of soft skills with each call.
- Adhere to Quality Service standards in order to maintain and exceed pre-determined service levels while maintaining a ‘One and Done’ approach.
- Commit to on-going Estates/POA training and development.
- Contribute positively and actively in team meetings and discussions with ideas and suggestions.
- Provide guidance to executors on the necessary documentation for executors to settle their Estates, which include assisting in the preparation of their letter of direction, Indemnity Agreement and Affidavits.
- Liaise with the Legal department when necessary to ensure all documents are validated and complete.
- Responsible for meeting Customer Service levels in relation to e-mails, phone messages and fax enquiries. This is done by ensuring all e-mails, phone messages and fax enquiries are responded to within 1-2 business days
- Responsible for the training/support of new associates.
- Assist in investigation and escalated problem resolution, liaising with Manager and Service and Sales support the CBS General Line to assist the contact center with client inquiries.
- Be fully knowledgeable with respect to Tangerine products, services, policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the ongoing process improvements within the CBS Department.
- Lead in testing and development of training material as required by the business.
- Update procedures and guidelines as new processes are introduced or changed.
- Approximately 70% of the day is focused on day to day processing with remainder of the day to assist Manager or Senior Manager as required.
- Maintain adequate stock of office supplies and order as needed.
- Participate in the hiring, training, coaching and development of Estates Account Managers.
- Participate in tracking performance standards for Associates to increase productivity and service excellence.
- Assist Manager by meeting 1:1 with Estate Account Managers on reviewing processes and providing day to day coaching to help eliminate errors.
- Collaborate with Managers and Senior Managers in the completion of the Performance Reviews.
- Provide support to departmental initiatives/projects as a SME.
- Initiate the department’s requests that require IT development (ARQ’s) to enhance existing policies and procedures.
- Act as a cross functional SME on two or more teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree in a business discipline is an asset
- Minimum 2-3 years of work related experience, preferably in Financial Services
- Completion or enrollment in Estates Planning/Settlement, CSC or related courses would be considered an asset
- Specialized Knowledge
- Basic administrative knowledge and skills in documentation required to meet Tangerine’s deadlines
- Have detailed knowledge of provincial and federal tax laws as it affects Power of attorney and requirement to pay
- Be fully knowledgeable and staying current with respect to all Tangerine products, services, policies and procedures.
- Technical Skills
- Strong investigative skill set to be able to problem solve
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bilingualism (French/English) is required
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- Ability to discuss product options and features within company guidelines
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The Estates Account Manager, Level 2 will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.