The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems. The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications, Project Management and Strategic Technical Planning.
The Business Analyst's primary role is to elicit, analyze, validate, define and write the business requirements and technology independent processes and solutions that meet the needs for various business areas. This role will bridge the gap between the business and technology solution providers (e.g. vendors, infrastructure team and development team).
The Business Analyst is usually involved in small to medium size projects. The Business Analyst will also support requirements related project activities across the lifecycle of the project (e.g. design and development, testing, implementation). The Business Analyst will report directly to the Senior Manager of Project Management Office.
- Work with the project owner, project sponsor and project manager to document the project vision and the project scope.
- Responsible to thoroughly understand and communicate stakeholder requirements and distribute relevant information, documentation and artifacts to project stakeholders.
- Responsible for the preparation, completion and compliance of business requirements based on business needs.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and workflow analysis.
- Write requirements specifications using standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements.
- Analyze data related to active and/or proposed projects. Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs.
- Work collaboratively with Business and IT staff to develop and maintain thorough knowledge of product, system and process capabilities, ensuring precise communications between IT and stakeholders, technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Serves as the conduit between the business, external vendor and IT through which requirements flow.
- Prepare process diagrams that reflect current and enhanced business processes.
- Work with the Project Manager to assess the priority and impact of all changes for accuracy ensuring consideration to the potential conflicts.
- Translate standard business requirements into relevant, IT-specific summaries and instructions.
- Support the Project Manager to manage requirements related activities and deliverables throughout the project life cycle (e.g. change requests, issues, risks, schedules, status reporting etc.).
- Work with the Project Manager and Project Team to identify, anticipate, assess, manage and resolve issues and risks related to requirements' activities and deliverables.
- Lead requirements related activities and deliverables for small to medium size projects including, but not limited to, product, platform and process enhancements.
- Identify, anticipate, assess, manage and resolve issues and risks related to requirements' activities and deliverables. Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals. Escalate those that are unresolved to the Project Manager to ensure that possible actions are taken to mitigate these.
- Participate in regular status meetings with all stakeholders, to review project deliverables and deadlines, keeping the stakeholder’s needs and requirements continuously in view.
- Provide input and feedback in support of the development and maintenance of business analysis methods and practices.
- Drive, challenge, and hold business accountable for deliverables and deadlines relate to business requirements.
- Interact with all levels of staff in the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- 3+ years of experience in Canadian banking industry
- 3+ years of experience in a Business Analyst role
- Project management experience and education is considered an asset
- Technical background is considered an asset
- Strong financial services background with working knowledge of retail banking products and systems
- Professional Certification
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) certification is considered an asset
- Specialized Knowledge
- Comprehensive and working knowledge of both Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methods including waterfall and agile
- Knowledge of the various disciplines of a software development lifecycle (i.e. requirements management, analysis and design, testing, implementation, deployment, change configuration and management, etc.)
- Technical Skills
- Bilingualism (French/English) is considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience using the MS Office Suite, in particular MS- Word and MS-Visio
- Strong presentation, facilitation, analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong business analysis skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Able to work independently with focus on time management to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to negotiate (able to express oneself clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing) effectively to manage project delivery and project coordination of complex activities
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy and results-oriented, be diligent and work with a sense of urgency
- Very strong organizational sense and effective time and priority management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, managers and subject matter experts
The Business Analyst will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.