The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems. The IT department supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
The Senior Data Power Software Developer is responsible for the enhancement, development and maintenance of corporate applications and banking systems. The Senior Software Developer performs a variety of duties to analyze, develop, maintain, test, debug, implement, document and support applications under the respective Development team.
- Uses knowledge of analysis, design and programming techniques, development tools and database technologies to develop software changes or resolve incidents to meet the business requirements and Tangerine standards
- Maintain a technical proficiency with respect to programming languages and processes as well as participates in continuous improvement of applications and systems to ensure that Tangerine is well positioned for technological advances in the marketplace.
- Actively participates in support activities, including investigation and providing resolution to incidents
- Prepares/maintains the software documents for all assigned work; including, system flow and UML diagrams, technical specification and support materials
- Develops unit test case scenarios and runs tests identifying, analyzing and correcting problems
- Reviews deliverables with senior staff for completeness and accuracy
- Plans and prioritizes own work assignments and provides status updates
- Communicates complex technical issues clearly and concisely
- Develops alternative approaches and solutions to problems and reviews them with senior staff
- Raises / escalates issues, risks and impediments when necessary
- Provides 7x24 production support for applications maintained by the relevant team
- Provide technical guidance, support and technical mentorship to other members of the Software Development team including code and documentation reviews
- Actively participates in the development of high-level and detailed design documentation as well as estimation process
- Provide high level input and assessment of design and architectural documentation and decision
- Works independently with little or no supervision
- Leads projects as a Technical Lead as required. Including but not limited to: assists the project lead in allocating tasks to team members; exercises initiative and sound judgment in the execution of project plans and schedules
- Ensures that best practices and development guidelines are met as well as enhances guidelines as required
- Collaborates with IT vendors, business units and other IT cross-functional teams
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
Minimum five (5) years of Java experience with J2EE, EJB, JMS, JPA, MVC, Web Services required
Two (2) years working experience with configuration and management of IBM Data Power physical or virtual Appliances as well as Policy programming, Error Handling and Troubleshooting in Data Power is required
Working experience with XML and XML Gateway, programming in XSLT, and XML, sound knowledge on SOA, Webservices, SOAP, WSDL & REST is required
Able to understand and work with authentication, authorization, and audit (AAA) policy definitions
Working experience with Certificates and Encryption.
Should have knowledge in SoapUI and / or any other testing tools for Data Power.
- Previous exposure in the banking industry is preferred
- Knowledge of Angular JS or Data Power or IBM Campaign Suite of products or Database development is an asset
- Specialized Knowledge
- High degree of knowledge in development lifecycle and software development methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in web/mobile application development
- Competent in enterprise application delivery and design techniques
- Competent in design patterns, releases/version control, Java, J2EE, .Net, Web Services (SOAP & REST), Java Script, Angular JS, Junit, XML, Workflow, Data Power, IBM Campaign Suite of products
- Strong understanding of various, industry standard software development techniques, methodologies and best practices
- A solid understanding of standard methods used to develop software applications for large-scale applications, taking security and scalability requirements into consideration
- Competent in effectively using software development and source control tools
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to produce relevant and accurate technical documentation, as required
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take a creative approach, to explore new and unique ideas while continuously looking for improvements
- Ability to seize opportunities to work outside his/her comfort zone to develop and stretch him/her-self
The Senior Software Developer will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.