The Tangerine Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the Tangerine FIU Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Program (AML/ATF). Tangerine Bank is subject to, and must comply with many Regulations promulgated by governments, regulators and self-regulating bodies. The Department is responsible for ensuring that Tangerine remains compliant with regulatory expectations as well as head office minimum standards. The Department is also responsible for ensuring adherence to sanctions regulations.
The Manager FIU is accountable for managing the day to day operations of the Financial Intelligence Unit. The FIU, is comprised of a team of Analysts and Investigators who conduct reviews to fulfill AML requirements. The Manager is responsible for providing oversight of FIU processes and ensuring the timely identification and reporting of transactions, identification of High Risk clients and sanctions related persons.
- Oversee monitoring processes within the FIU to ensure robust and timely identification of reportable transactions.
- Responsible for managing processes to ensure timely and accurate alert adjudication.
- Responsible for meeting regulatory reporting timelines ensuring high quality reporting.
- Lead a team of Analysts and Investigators to meet competing priorities while ensuring high quality reviews and investigations.
- Review and monitor FIU processes and controls to determine their effectiveness and implement enhancements and action plans as applicable
- Track, monitor and report monthly statistics in relation to client screening, and transaction monitoring
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reporting for Senior Management and head office
- Prepare client divestiture recommendations and manage client escalations
- Provide coaching and development to a team of FIU Analysts and Investigators
- Responsible for updating and communicating FIU procedures and Implementing and roll out an effective training program for all FIU staff
- Ensuring the department is keeping up to date with the Regulatory Compliance Framework and all AML related policies, procedures and controls.
- Act as an FIU subject matter expert on bank projects and initiatives and risk assessments
- Maintain, establish and promote relationships with external industry partners
- Identify emerging AML/ATF regulatory risks to ensure appropriate FIU processes are in place to ensure risk is appropriately mitigated
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College Degree in related field
- 3-5 years of experience in the Financial Services industry
- 3-5 years of experience in AML/ATF industry
- 2-3 years of management/team lead experience
- Professional Certification
- CAMS designation or equivalent is required
- Other Skills:
- Proven leadership skills
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of AML/ATF regulatory standards
- Banking product and systems knowledge
- Computer skills including advance use of Excel
- Able to prioritize, manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to work well with tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and coaching skills with the ability to engage and motivate individuals with varying levels of experience
- Effective communication skills and ability to impact and influence
The Manager, FIU will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Yes. Analysts and Investigators will report directly into the Manager, FIU
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.