The Risk Management mandate is to provide oversight, monitoring and reporting of all operational, credit and market risks, including fraud exposures on an enterprise-wide basis. It is comprised of four well-defined functions: Operational Risk Management, Retail Credit Risk Management, Wholesale Credit Risk Management and Market Risk Management.
The Fraud department is a centralized unit dedicated to the detection and prevention of fraud while ensuring an excellent customer experience. The Loss Prevention function operates on a 24/7 inbound and outbound environment. As front line Detection Analyst, you will play a critical role in delivering an excellent customer experience whilst protecting customer assets. You will be instrumental in enhancing and protecting customer relationships through account monitoring and transaction verification. The Fraud Detection Analyst (FEC) will report directly to the Manager of Fraud Detection.
- Monitor detection software and review alerts for suspected fraud and money laundering activities on a timely basis.
- Make outbound and receive inbound calls to review transactions identified through our fraud detection software.
- Determine the legitimacy of cardholder and/or authorization request to minimize fraud loss whilst ensuring negligible customer impact.
- Document detailed notes, clearly outlining all unauthorized transactions to assist the Loss Prevention Analyst with the investigation to reduce unnecessary customer follow-ups and minimize delays.
- Respond to incoming inquiries, from both merchants and customers, regarding referred, declined and/or unusual authorization requests.
- Handle internal and external customer inquiries concerning fraudulent issues.
- Receive all incoming files, check for accuracy and content. Enter information and scan all documentation into the case management system.
- Assign files as directed by the Investigators and Manager.
- Enter all Grid warnings received into the case management system and check client data base for any matches.
- Update and maintain the fraud data base with new information received.
- Manage on-going personal development by researching evolving technologies available to implement preventative solutions as they become available.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- Minimum 2-3 years if experience in the Financial industry
- Previous experience in working in a fraud function is an asset
- Previous Call Centre knowledge in Fraud Detection
- Specialized Knowledge
- Working knowledge of Fraud Detection applications
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where processes and procedures are constantly refined
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and in a team with minimal supervision
- Ability to remain professional and empathize with the situation of an irate and/or upset customer
- Strong listening skills with the ability to assess the needs and concerns of the customer
- Strong verbal written and communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
The Fraud Detection Analyst of Financial Economic Crimes will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.