The Senior Manager, Protective Services, Corporate Security reports directly to the Director, Protective Services, Corporate Security, Scotiabank. The Senior Manager, Protective Services is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of all aspects of the physical security strategy at Tangerine. The Senior Manager, Protective Services will work in conjunction with Protective Services, Scotiabank to ensure consistency in security offering across both enterprises.
Protective Services, Corporate Security is Tangerine’s center of excellence for the physical protection of all Tangerine staff, customers and assets. Working in conjunction with Protective Services, Scotiabank, Protective Services Tangerine will implement, maintain and continually evolve the physical security strategy protecting the bank.
FOCUS of the SENIOR MANAGER: The physical protection of all:
- Physical Assets
- Physical Security Standards, Methodologies and Procedures:
- Implement and maintain physical security risk methodologies and procedures, under the direction of Director Protective Services (PS), for use by security staff, which align their activities with a central model, are appropriate for the working environment, and which consider differing threat, regulatory and legal environments.
- Implement physical risk methodologies and procedures, ensuring that PS staff utilize them effectively and appropriately to identify, report and mitigate risk to the bank.
- Implement and maintain ATM, branch and non-branch facility physical security equipment standards, under the direction of Director PS, which align with and enable business operations.
- Physical Risk Assessment:
- Plan and oversee the conduct of physical security risk assessments.
- Ensure the sufficiency and accuracy of all physical threat risk assessments conducted by PS, and provide recommendations to the approving authority for such assessments.
- Ensure that recommendations stemming from assessments are captured centrally, reported to line management in a timely and appropriate manner, and tracked until resolution.
- Incident Management and Response:
- Coordinate the response to highly complex security incidents, including incidents of terrorism, civil unrest, and natural disaster or criminal attack against the bank which affects staff, customers, assets or facilities, in order to limit loss and mitigate risk.
- Conduct appropriate after-action reviews post-incident, and ensure that findings from this process are provided to Director PS for integration into future activities.
- Executive Protection:
- Coordinate a program of executive and International Assignees protection.
- Create and maintain standards for executive protection of all executives at the country level under the direction of Director PS.
- Plan and oversee the conduct of all threat and risk assessments of executive residences, travel plans, or other activities.
- Coordinate a regular electronic counter-measures program for sensitive executive areas.
- Plan and coordinate action plans for highly complex security and safety issues related to the Annual General Meeting, Offsite Board Meetings, and other executive events.
- Physical Security Risk Analysis:
- Implement and maintain activities of PS’ physical security risk analysis function, as Scotiabank’s global center of excellence for physical risk analysis.
- Ensure the timely collection, assessment and distribution of open, closed and confidential source information relating to physical security risk, in order to identify emerging criminal methods and criminal attack trends.
- Develop relationships with information sources, senior law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, government agencies and peers within other security departments.
- Manage the development and maintenance of risk assessments for all locations at which Tangerine operates.
- Develop analysis products for use by internal stakeholders, including Mergers and Acquisitions, Senior Executives, Risk Management, etc.
- Manage the analysis of the effectiveness of the bank’s security measures in order to generate actionable recommendations to better mitigate risks.
- Manage and coordinate the involvement of PS in the due diligence process for mergers and acquisitions, providing expert assessment of relevant security issues.
- Identify concerns during due diligence and recommend plans to mitigate security concerns, including procedural, structural, regulatory or other organizational issues, during integration, and manage their implementation.
- Security Equipment Program Management:
- Implement and maintain PS asTangerine’s center of excellence for the implementation of security equipment in retail and non-retail facilities.
- Publish and maintain industry-leading best-practices for security equipment management.
- Model the provision of security equipment subject matter expertise for all facets of the Bank.
- Develop and implement a long term strategy for the acquisition and implementation of technological innovations which can be readily incorporated into the life-cycle management of security equipment through a cost-effective evergreen program.
- Ensure the effective management of existing contracts and service-level agreements with third-party service providers.
- Apply sound financial management of all PS Capital Expenditure Fund related expenditures.
- Third Party Security Management:
- Implement best practices in third party security management, under the direction of Director PS.
- Apply best practices for the contracting and employment of third party guard companies.
- Develop and maintain standards for the employment and management of guard services.
- Develop and maintain standards for the employment of armed guards, including training requirements and use of force guidelines that are consistent with Scotiabank values and national legal and regulatory environments.
- Oversee the management of Service Level Agreements (SLA) monitoring for guard services.
- Manage PS’ direct involvement in the development, evaluation and negotiation of Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposals (RFP) Service Level Agreements (SLA) and contracts related to third party security companies.
- Training and Awareness/Crime Prevention Programs:
- Manage the development and implementation of best practices for the conduct of training and awareness programs regarding physical security threats.
- Provide recommendations to Director PS for approval of the sufficiency and accuracy of the content of training programs.
- Continuously innovate and improve the delivery means for security training programs.
- Team Performance:
- Mentor, and develop junior staff, and foster a positive environment for staff development
- Contribute to the vision and plan for the achievement of the Unit’s future goals, devising high level plans to achieve them that involve multiple business lines/countries.
- Develop the skill level of direct reports and PS staff, in order to continue their long term development, and in order to ensure solid succession planning and the overall success of the department.
Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of financial industry Corporate Security experience - asset
- 5+ years with law enforcement or intelligence agency - asset
- Federal Security Clearance
- Working knowledge of security systems, vendors and integrators
- Professional Certification
- Certified Physical Security Professional (CPP) - asset
- Specialized Knowledge
- Strong understanding of the Physical Security space including technologies, objectives, processes, best practices and industry standards
- Well versed in systems security, trends and solutions
- Maintain a broad understanding of technological security advances and trends that impact the global banking industry
- Ability to convey and promote ideas towards innovative approaches to developing process improvements and solutions
- Ability to provide clear direction to senior leadership on security related matters
- Ability to provide direction and guidance during situations of heightened risk and crisis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Senior Manager, Protective Services will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Management COMPLIance accountabilities:
All managers and above at Tangerine are responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
Tangerine is an Equal Opportunity Employer