The Risk Management mandate is to provide oversight, monitoring and reporting of all operational, credit and market risks, including fraud exposures on an enterprise-wide basis. It is comprised of four well-defined functions: Operational Risk Management, Retail Credit Risk Management, Wholesale Credit Risk Management and Market Risk Management.
The role of Senior Analyst supports loss prevention strategy and analytics for fraud and delinquency management, in consideration of a balanced approach to risk, profitability and client experience. The Senior Analyst of Loss Prevention, Strategy and Analytics will report directly to the Senior Manager of Fraud Analytics, Tangerine.
- Lead ongoing development and management of fraud detection alert rules and deployed solutions across fraud threat vectors including counterfeit, account take over, fraudulent applications, transactional fraud, first and third party account abuse.
- Develop, execute and monitor fraud strategies for Deposit products, leveraging best in class analytics
- Lead ongoing development and management of delinquency strategy including risk early warning indicators, account collection queuing priority by risk level, collection effort effectiveness analysis and related reporting.
- Lead the monitoring and tuning of the above fraud detection and delinquency strategies to address evolving threats and risk, while ensuring optimal deployment of human and technical resources; manage the trade-off between loss prevention and customer experience.
- Maintain performance reporting and liaise with business partners to assess trends that may impact the business
- Identify opportunities for improvement with focus on risk/return while ensuring alignment with Fraud Operations teams
- Identify and escalate fraud risks that are or will become in excess of the Risk Appetite
- Actively participate in team projects, which may include discussions with IT partners and vendors on requirements and solution design as it relates to system upgrades.
- Lead / participate in the identification, development and implementation of new fraud initiatives
- Lead analytics and reporting to generate accurate and insightful perspective on losses, rule effectiveness, detection rates, false positive rates and volume.
- Drive robust process for senior communication on loss and loss prevention performance.
- Maintain thorough understanding of loss prevention capabilities, gaps and opportunities across the key Loss Prevention Strategy areas of scope:Fraud detection, prevention and recovery strategy.
- Credit delinquency / collection strategy.
- Provide analytic support in the development and implementation Loss Prevention strategic plans.
- Support the ongoing and periodic evaluation of existing and new Loss Prevention tools and solutions to address changing business needs and emerging loss threats from time to time.
- Assist in the review and evaluation of business initiatives, product and projects with respect to Loss Prevention implications and formulate insightful guidance and input to senior business leaders.
- Lead oversight of accuracy and effectiveness of case management record keeping and drive periodic enhancements as needed.
- Support the assessment of solutions for identified threats and vulnerabilities in both infrastructure and application layer
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree or Community College diploma required, with analytical/statistical concentration
- Minimum 5 years of Financial Services experience required, with Fraud strategy management focus
- 1-3 years analytical experience preferred including statistical analysis, ideally related to Fraud Analytics or Risk Management
- Strong technical solution management experience and skills
- Specialized Knowledge
- Working knowledge of Fraud Detection software applications
- Experience in consumer banking products/credit/deposit and cards
- Technical Skills
- Strong coding, organizing and manipulating large amounts of data (SAS, R, Python, SQL) or equivalent is a key asset
- Strong capability to work with senior business leaders
- Ability to work autonomously under tight timelines
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where processes and procedures are consistently refined
- Must be self-motivated, energetic and results-oriented and be committed to adding value to the organization
- Strong verbal written and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
The Senior Analyst of Loss Prevention, Strategy and Analytics will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
Tangerine is an equal opportunity employer.